Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like they intend to do most of the heavy lifting with plants... Which given the timetable, unless they invest a serious serious amount of money in buying and transplanting mature trees will take a while to grow in. So the park is going to probably be a little sparse at first.

More progress from Bioreconstruct on the kids area:

New Mickey xtreme Aerials, tweet below for reference plus embedded photos and also he now has a blog which is also linked below, enjoy!:

Already loads of plantation has gone into the entrance area, I can't wait to see this park landscaped, it is really going to transform once all the greenery is planted.

I also can't help but notice that there is such a large area in between the wave pool and entrance, is this area purely for loungers or does anyone have info of anything being built there? Just seems a lot of space for loungers then again the back half of the park there isn't exactly loads of space between walk ways and slides for many areas to lounge about.

New Aerials of Volcano Bay Water Park at Universal Orlando

02022017VB3.jpg
02022017VB2.jpg
02022017VB4.jpg
02022017VB5.jpg
02022017VB6.jpg
02022017VB7.jpg
02022017VB8.jpg
02022017VB9.jpg
02022017VB10.jpg
02022017VB11.jpg
02022017VB12.jpg
02022017VB13.jpg
02022017VB14.jpg
02022017VB15.jpg
02022017VB16.jpg
02022017VB17.jpg
02022017VB18.jpg
02022017VB19.jpg
02022017VB20.jpg
02022017VB21.jpg

Last edited:
I also can't help but notice that there is such a large area in between the wave pool and entrance, is this area purely for loungers or does anyone have info of anything being built there? Just seems a lot of space for loungers then again the back half of the park there isn't exactly loads of space between walk ways and slides for many areas to lounge about.

My guess is they are going to have a large open area there with walkways, loungers and other easily movable items. With the night show they have planned, they need to have lots of room for people to stand and watch it.

My guess is they are going to have a large open area there with walkways, loungers and other easily movable items. With the night show they have planned, they need to have lots of room for people to stand and watch it.
Yea, I think Aquatica has far more beach space with loungers surrounding their two wave pools than they have for the pools themselves. I'm hoping the color changing sand patents work out! Another crazy layer of awesome at night for the area.

This is getting so exciting to watch, even if opening anxiety is starting to come into play! Just looking at the number of trees in that small area by the entrance makes you realise how many will be needed to cover the entire area. Must be thousands and thousands.

I updated almost all the images in my overview post with some of the new aerials. Some of them give much better context for what is where:

Okay, so I went through @AliciaStella's new update and some aerials from MickeyXtreme and Bioreconstruct to try to piece together what is what:

The Volcano
At the heart of the island stands Krakatau™, the mighty Fire and Water Volcano. Towering 200 feet above the tropical landscape, Krakatau streams waterfalls during the day and fiery lava effects at night. Inside the cavernous volcano the Waturi people dare you to brave a variety of heart-pounding water slides.
Universals-Volcano-Bay-Krakatau.jpg

Krakatau™ Aqua Coaster
Honorary Waturi can experience the power of Krakatau™ on this amazing ride. Four-person canoes slide upward through the mists and into the dark twists and turns within the volcano before emerging with a plunge through a shimmering waterfall.
Universals-Volcano-Bay-Krakatau-Aqua-Coaster-1170x731.jpg

02022017VB18.jpg

Ko’okiri Body Plunge
Join in the centuries-old tradition of honoring the volcano god, Vol, by braving the incredible Ko’okiri Body Plunge. Featuring a 70-degree fall through a drop door and 125 feet of screaming, white-knuckle fun, this dizzying descent ends with a watery tribute from Vol himself. It will be the world’s first slide to travel through a pool filled with guests.
01162.MTS_.Still006.jpg

Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides
Join Kala and Tai Nui where sea and sky meet and take a leap of faith from high atop the volcano. Twin trap doors simultaneously drop two guests down 124-foot-long clear, intertwining tubes before sending them joyfully splashing into the turquoise waters below.
01162.MTS_.Still010.jpg

Punga Racers
A favorite among Waturi children of all ages, Punga Racers send single riders on their manta ray mats sliding down four lanes through underwater sea caves.
C12HuEEWEAEjQxY.jpg

Wave Village
This peaceful escape overlooks the sparkling waters of Waturi Beach at the base of the volcano.

Waturi Beach
Locals know — the surf’s always up at Waturi Beach. Swim, splash and relax right along with them in the sparkling waters and warm waves of this sparkling lagoon at the foot of mighty Krakatau™. A sparkling, multi-directional wave pool where you can swim, relax on the sand or indulge in private, one- or two-story cabanas.
02022017VB7.jpg

The Reef
An adjacent leisure pool with calmer waters and exciting views of riders speeding through the Ko’okiri Body Plunge.
02022017VB19.jpg

River Village
The scenic River Village has fun for people of all ages, including the very youngest Waturi.

Honu ika Moana
Just like the ancient Waturi people who rode the ocean waves on friendly sea turtles and whales, guests can enjoy these two twisting, turning, multi-person slides. Honu sweeps up two massive walls, while ika Moana sprays water on riders from the center of the raft.
Volcano-Bay-Full-Reveal-4.jpg

02022017VB2.jpg

Tot Tiki Reef + Runamukka Reef
The little ones can frolic among the splashy slides and fountains of the Tot Tiki Reef toddler play area, while Runamukka Reef delights older children with its bubbling geysers, water guns, slides and dump cups.
Universals-Volcano-Bay-Runamukka-Reef.jpg

02022017VB21.jpg

Kopiko Wai Winding River

Take a slow ride on the Kopiko Wai Winding River. Sprays of water surprise along the way, and beneath the lava rocks, Stargazer’s Cavern reveals the magical night sky above.
Volcano-Bay-Full-Reveal-3.jpg

Universals-Volcano-Bay-Star-Gazers.jpg

C12IxzSXUAUa0dn.jpg

Rainforest Village
Rainforest Village stretches along the shores of an action-packed river and features the perfect mix of relaxation and exhilaration.

Ohyah + Ohno Drop Slides
Test your mettle and get into the Waturi spirit. Ascend cliff side and plummet down the twisting waters of Ohyah before dropping out four feet above the pool below. To achieve even greater bragging rights, brave the rope bridge and plunge down Ohno, a serpentine adventure that ends six feet above the pool below. Be sure to yell your battle cry on the way down.
Volcano-Bay-Full-Reveal-2.jpg

02022017VB9.jpg

Maku Puihi Raft Rides
Ready for the high adventure of the Maku Puihi lava tubes? This six-person rafting adventure is a favorite of Waturi families, but it’s not for the faint of heart. Choose one of two paths or try them both—just be ready for a thrilling ride. Puihi careens through a dark, winding tunnel before the stomach-flipping thrill of zero gravity hang time. Maku slides you through a deep volcanic gorge before spinning wildly around bowl-like formations.
C12ItXsXEAAVmyd.jpg

TeAwa The Fearless River
Up for an adventure? Take a thrilling whitewater ride along TeAwa The Fearless River. Race along a roaring, watery onslaught of churning rapids and choppy waves hanging tight to your inner tube.
02022017VB12.jpg

Taniwha Tubes
There’s a place where the puka trees grow abnormally tall. Inspired by their twisting roots, the Waturi built four twisting water slides called the Taniwha Tubes. Riders can try all four twisting tracks, but beware — mischievous tiki statues spray jets of water when you least expect it.
C12G8MuW8AAEA8x.jpg

This is getting so exciting to watch, even if opening anxiety is starting to come into play! Just looking at the number of trees in that small area by the entrance makes you realise how many will be needed to cover the entire area. Must be thousands and thousands.
I imagine a lot of that will be bamboo...I had some in my backyard and it grew like wildfire

Status
Not open for further replies.