Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 267 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. ANy idea stating otherwise that passholders dont spend money is ludicrous.
Most passholders DON'T spend money. They only visit for a few hours and not eat meals, buy souvenirs, etc. They go and ride a few rides and leave, eating meals outside the park. Those resort guests who they are targeting are just like the ones Disney targets, eating two or more meals on property each day, buying all the souvenirs, playing the games, and riding the rides. Not just coming to ride a ride or see a concert.

I know there are time that passholders will buy a meal or a drink or a souvenir, but those are the exceptions rather than the rule.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a discount offered to passholders on tickets to VB, but no freebies. I'd guess you'll be able to get a ticket for $60 +/- with your AP.

Last edited:
Most passholders DON'T spend money. They only visit for a few hours and not eat meals, buy souvenirs, etc. They go and ride a few rides and leave, eating meals outside the park. Those resort guests who they are targeting are just like the ones Disney targets, eating two or meals on property each day, buying all the souvenirs, playing the games, and riding the rides. Not just coming to ride a ride or see a concert.

I know there are time that passholders will buy a meal or a drink or a souvenir, but those are the exceptions rather than the rule.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a discount offered to passholders on tickets to VB, but no freebies. I'd guess you'll be able to get a ticket for $60 +/- with your AP.

I guess I am the exception, I don't buy merch but I do like to get a few drinks and a meal when I visit. The rides are secondary, I have done those before. I do understand what you are saying. The onsites spend a ton more than I do, makes me feel like I got a bargain.

Yeah I really don't care if VB is added. Probably won't go more than once just to see how it is. Don't think as an AP I deserve anything either. Discounts and going as often as I do to Universal/Disney is all I need.

Most passholders DON'T spend money. They only visit for a few hours and not eat meals, buy souvenirs, etc. They go and ride a few rides and leave, eating meals outside the park. Those resort guests who they are targeting are just like the ones Disney targets, eating two or meals on property each day, buying all the souvenirs, playing the games, and riding the rides. Not just coming to ride a ride or see a concert.

Exactly. People like US, on the message boards and in the fan community and so on are the exception among passholders. We like to go for the full experience, whereas most passholders just want to go to get their rocks off on the Hulk a couple of times and bounce.

Reactions: Cheezbat
A real quick visual for guest spending: hang out at the park exit and see how many are holding bags.

With Potter it's almost scary how many things like Wands they sell in a day.

Reactions: Mike S
I've heard VB will be the same price as IoA and USF. One word I could use to describe this is "bold".

While I can't say I'm surprised about that (as I expect that'll be the case for peak times of the year), thats..interesting.. :what:

As for the Annual passes, I have to imagine that we'll be getting information in the next two months on upgrade fees to potentially allow premier passes to bring that into their own pass for a small upcharge fee.

What I'd be curious about, is if UOR takes a turn similar to Universal Hollywood and (potentially) the domestic Disney Parks to cut the monthly option of annual passes.

While I can't say I'm surprised about that (as I expect that'll be the case for peak times of the year), thats..interesting.. :what:

As for the Annual passes, I have to imagine that we'll be getting information in the next two months on upgrade fees to potentially allow premier passes to bring that into their own pass for a small upcharge fee.

What I'd be curious about, is if UOR takes a turn similar to Universal Hollywood and (potentially) the domestic Disney Parks to cut the monthly option of annual passes.

I know someone on here knows more about AP pricing (hi) and has hinted at me that in the books there are two levels of APs ready to go. Not sure if people will be moved on to the new ones at renewal or if it'll be a choice once the park opens.

Ugh, wish they would post it soon.

We have a stay at Cabana Bay May 24- June 4 booked (lol yes 11 days!). Legoland and VB is are there, and now Pandora. AK is our favorite Disney park for sure (or, the only one we'd pay money for). At this rate, we're skipping something.

Reactions: Joel
I guess I am the exception, I don't buy merch but I do like to get a few drinks and a meal when I visit. The rides are secondary, I have done those before. I do understand what you are saying. The onsites spend a ton more than I do, makes me feel like I got a bargain.
Every Pass holder I know spends money every time they go. Actually the reason we spend money is because we don't have to pay for parking or tickets. Now at the same time, like myself, I imagine most pass holders try and save money every which way possible. But there is no way I'm going and not spending money. Just wont happen. I love a meal too lol

I've heard VB will be the same price as IoA and USF. One word I could use to describe this is "bold".
I'm one of the very few who doesn't care what it costs but if they will have a 1 day ticket available.
I will pay whatever amount for whatever experience I'm willing to have. Not at the extent of having to buy a vacation package. This concerns me, as a local.

Reactions: Joel
I know someone on here knows more about AP pricing (hi) and has hinted at me that in the books there are two levels of APs ready to go. Not sure if people will be moved on to the new ones at renewal or if it'll be a choice once the park opens.

Anecdotally, the percentage of WDW APs who add the water parks seems small, I'd guess under 20%. SW/Aquatica may be a bit higher, just because the add-on is so cheap ($5/month on flexpay), but a substantial percentage of the population just won't go to a water park. I can't imagine UOR forcing people to buy an AP to VB.

I can think of plenty of words to describe this. I have a powerful descriptive vocabulary.

All I can think is it's a Disney Dining Plan approach--you jack up menu prices to make DDP seem a better deal, you jack up a $60 VB ticket to make multi-day tix//AP seem a better deal. Also, they may have knowledge that WnW's prime demographics primarily purchased 1-day tix and are trying to avoid that crowd.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's funny that ever so often when a price increase comes along, the theme park community needs to be reminded that the parks are a luxury, not something anyone is entitled to. If Universal wants to position this as a premium experience, they will price it accordingly.

And to whoever said that Disney's the one that sets the pricing for the market.. I don't believe that to be true anymore. Isn't Universal/Islands more expensive than Disney right now at the gate? Plus, Universal keeps innovating ways to increase spending with Hogwarts Express, seasonal pricing, and possibly now Volcano Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.