Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 271 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually when I go to water parks, I just put my glasses in my pocket on a body slide but if it's a type slide I usually keep them on. Especially tame ones

Reactions: JoeCamel
I've never had problems wearing my gas permeable, & before that, hard contacts, on water rides in water parks. Been doing it for 25 years or so. Never lost one on a water ride yet, or had any issues.

Am I right in thinking there will be 5 4-person or more raft slides in the park including the water coaster?

I'm most intrigued by the fast rapid river. I've not read much about it... Roas Rapids at Aquatica is up there with Typhoons wave pool as absolute highlights in Orlando.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Am I right in thinking there will be 5 4-person or more raft slides in the park including the water coaster?

I'm most intrigued by the fast rapid river. I've not read much about it... Roas Rapids at Aquatica is up there with Typhoons wave pool as absolute highlights in Orlando.

The blue and green slides near CBBR have 5 people.

midway mayhem.JPG

I'm sure the yellow and green slides on the other side of the park have the same set up.

Reactions: UAN17 and Mike S
Wait couldn't you just park at Cabana Bay and walk over to Volcano Bay? Or do you have to have like a Parkin ticket. Cause if you can that saves you money on parking

Reactions: Scott W.
Wait couldn't you just park at Cabana Bay and walk over to Volcano Bay? Or do you have to have like a Parkin ticket. Cause if you can that saves you money on parking

That's actually a good point. $12 v the $20.

Unless Universal won't charge for parking for VB by making you drive through a separate gate and block that area of the car park off but I can't see that.

That's actually a good point. $12 v the $20.

Unless Universal won't charge for parking for VB by making you drive through a separate gate and block that area of the car park off but I can't see that.

I think daily parking at CBBR is the same as the garages. I would hate to be running CBBR parking when this thing opens.

In the lower left of this pic it looks like there are foundations for more volcano supports. I'm really thinking they will still be building this place in June.

Based on the walkway design and what appears to to be additional footers, do we think this group of slides are going to be covered by additional volcano?

i may be late on this so i apologize
are these stairs permanent?

It's certainly not for construction as they would have just the scaffolding. They don't seem to lead any where though although it does seem to end on a platform.

Here's the enlarged image:

C4anzebUYAA1oUj.jpg

If I was to venture a guess, I'd say this is the platform for the slide with the drop at the end.

Scott, you have been here a while and seen every update going, come on now you know these stairs are not to an individual drop slide :lol:. For reference @twebber55 yes the stairs are permanent and they are leading up to the pair of drop slides that are in the centre of the volcano, the platform will connect to the other side of the volcano to the other platform creating a bridge, see image below however the rock on the right of the image is blocking the view of the stairs. If you also skip to 1:14 in the video below you will see what I am talking about int he video.

Untitled.png

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.