Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've pinged it down to being a capture on a Saturday or Sunday between the last week of January - President's day weekend.

It's definitely in February some time.

The kids area has the bridges all connected in the aerial and not in that tweet from 1st February.

Edit: This is the first image I can find with the bridges up:

Edit 2:

No slides are installed in the kids area yet so it could be around this date:

Last edited:
Water theme park. #Technicality

Replace fetch with "Water Theme Park"

bc8289ba656448297846bef3ecc77e15ee980f39fd0681d52100b615c06dc5a7.jpg

Won't it just direct you to the same place? VB parking is in the same garages. Maybe they just added VB not to confuse anyone.

Excellent point. I think it's just a generic parking sign. I think VB will have a separate section in the garage so it's probably just to direct people to correct section so they're not walking a distance just to get on the tram/bus.

Edit: Just to add to this. I'm a little disgusted by the signs. Sure, UV can wash out the colour of sign vinyl but you'd think that Universal would be able to find the same sign vinyl from the originals.

Last edited:
Volcano Bay needs to be listed separately (theme park or not) simply because it's location is counter intuitive to where the parking will be located. It's just like the people who pass the parking lot for Magic Kingdom because it's no where near the park itself. All day long people drive into the bus lanes in front of the Magic Kingdom trying to park, and I would guess it will be the same with people trying to Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls figuring that's the parking for VB. Luckily the bulk of VB guests will be onsite guests in the hotels.

Volcano Bay needs to be listed separately (theme park or not) simply because it's location is counter intuitive to where the parking will be located. It's just like the people who pass the parking lot for Magic Kingdom because it's no where near the park itself. All day long people drive into the bus lanes in front of the Magic Kingdom trying to park, and I would guess it will be the same with people trying to Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls figuring that's the parking for VB. Luckily the bulk of VB guests will be onsite guests in the hotels.

I don't imagine the bulk will be on site guests. Even if if Universal are aiming for 2 million guests a year, that would be about 5,500 guests a day.

Hopefully most people driving using GPS will see the signs for parking before they end up driving past CBBR and then onto the I4. I can already see a mass amount of illegal u turns just before than on ramp.

Yeah, I'm expecting big signs in front of CB and SF and full time attendants to make sure people know not to park there.

Paying $20 in parking for a water park sucks, especially when Disneys is free. Oh but wait, it's a water THEME park. Never mind

First time I mention the parking rates on here so...

Here is the thing, as much as I do get your point..you have been going on and on and on on a very negative-looking stance towards Volcano Bay.

We get it, you are not happy with the turnabout, but try to focus also on positive elements coming for the waterparks. I mean hell, you have been going off on this; and yet here we are forgetting that Seaworld has people paying for waterpark parking.

Try to lighten up, and to look at the more positive elements towards Volcano Bay; not looking entirely at it's negatives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.