Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 320 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have added a giant yellow metal sculpture near I4.

@Mad Dog I guess he forgot his giant flash light to take a picture again. Also, I don't understand how someone can work those hours.

Since everybody is making stupid comparisons between VB and Avatar.

The food score reads VB 1 - 0 Avatar.

No but seriously, this looks perfect for the park.

This looks perfect for any place on earth (lol), but seriously I could eat a different dish from here everyday of the week for the rest of my life.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm not a vegan- heck, I'm from Texas- so rare steaks for me please. But my wife did the Daniel fast in the beginning of the year and has stuck to a vegan diet based on how she's felt- and the vegan dishes there look insane. What a niche and the care they provided for those with dietary restrictions (voluntary or otherwise) are incredible.

The quinoa burger is pretty standard on most menus- although the bun and mushrooms look great. But the salad (If that's tofu- which I think it is) is the best vegan dish of any theme park in Orlando. Easily. I mean- you can't beat it- and this is coming from a WATER PARK:

VB4-1170x731.jpg

Checked the UO site - Didn't have much but here's some info on the bars -

Dancing Dragons Boat Bar
Relax in the shade of this cool canteen shaped like an ancient outrigger canoe. With the colorfully repainted sails of a Chinese junk ship, it's a delightful place to unwind with tropical cocktails and frozen drinks while digging your toes into the sand.

Kunuku Boat Bar
Refreshing frozen drinks, specialty cocktails, fountain sodas and draft beers are just some of the thirst-quenchers on offer at this permanently beached outrigger canoe. Flying the sails of a Chinese junk rig, this landlocked bar is named for the mythical fish that guided the Waturi islanders to Volcano Bay™.

Checked the UO site - Didn't have much but here's some info on the bars -

Dancing Dragons Boat Bar
Relax in the shade of this cool canteen shaped like an ancient outrigger canoe. With the colorfully repainted sails of a Chinese junk ship, it's a delightful place to unwind with tropical cocktails and frozen drinks while digging your toes into the sand.

Kunuku Boat Bar
Refreshing frozen drinks, specialty cocktails, fountain sodas and draft beers are just some of the thirst-quenchers on offer at this permanently beached outrigger canoe. Flying the sails of a Chinese junk rig, this landlocked bar is named for the mythical fish that guided the Waturi islanders to Volcano Bay™.

Always doing the most important work for us, much appreciated!

Reactions: Brian G.
Total armchair creativeering here, but I just had the thought that it'd be really cool if they built a gondola between Toon Lagoon and Volcano Bay exclusively for Park-to-Park ticket holders. That'd be a great option for people to do the water rides in Islands of Adventure at the same time as they're swimsuited up for Volcano Bay. It's nearly a straight shot from Toon Lagoon down Adventure Way to Volcano Bay, and I think there's enough room back behind Dudley Do-Right for a gondola station.

Total armchair creativeering here, but I just had the thought that it'd be really cool if they built a gondola between Toon Lagoon and Volcano Bay exclusively for Park-to-Park ticket holders. That'd be a great option for people to do the water rides in Islands of Adventure at the same time as they're swimsuited up for Volcano Bay. It's nearly a straight shot from Toon Lagoon down Adventure Way to Volcano Bay, and I think there's enough room back behind Dudley Do-Right for a gondola station.

IMG_8441.JPG

For sure..... wonder if they'll do soft openings when media days are happening?

I'm betting Pandora wont - that media day there's gonna be a lot of unhappy people in that park. Not so sure about VB. Been a long time since a new "park" has opened, so there's not much of a recent precedent for how they handle it. It needs a whole separate ticket.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Volcano Bay looks like it'll be better than Aquatica, no doubt. However, the parking at Aquatica is $15 and the admission ticket is below $60. Compared to parking being $20 and admission being the rumored $110. Disneys water parks have free parking and the admission is $62. So I think Universal will have to adjust their prices or include "free" refreshments, sunscreen or something.
No idea disney had free parking at the water parks. I might just get a season pass to those instead of going to volcano bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.