Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 321 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea disney had free parking at the water parks. I might just get a season pass to those instead of going to volcano bay.
Fine print:
"Passes do not guarantee theme park admission, especially during high attendance periods. Admission to the theme parks and availability of theme park parking are subject to capacity and other closures. Other restrictions apply."

They are speaking of the water parks...

I'm betting Pandora wont - that media day there's gonna be a lot of unhappy people in that park. Not so sure about VB. Been a long time since a new "park" has opened, so there's not much of a recent precedent for how they handle it. It needs a whole separate ticket.
I can't even imagine how they could do a soft opening for VB. How would they ticket something like that , day of, and have any kind of a crowd show up? ....Did Disney do softs for their water parks?

Reactions: JoeCamel
I can't even imagine how they could do a soft opening for VB. How would they ticket something like that , day of, and have any kind of a crowd show up? ....Did Disney do softs for their water parks?

But weren't people able to get into the actual theme parks before the grand opening too..?

Really.. i wonder how that works.

But weren't people able to get into the actual theme parks before the grand opening too..?

Really.. i wonder how that works.
I can't think of anything that's workable unless it would be technically called a soft opening, but actually scheduled as a full day opening. And I would think water parks are a bit different than a theme park since you need a bathing suit to utilize the park. That's why I was wandering if BB and/or TL had an unscheduled soft opening.

For a new park to soft open it depends on what Universal wants to research/test. Most likely they will use construction crew and team members to test how well the park can handle at max capacity. They could use random hotel guests for guest satisfaction results for certain slides. Most likely a "soft opening" will be invite only.

For a new park to soft open it depends on what Universal wants to research/test. Most likely they will use construction crew and team members to test how well the park can handle at max capacity. They could use random hotel guests for guest satisfaction results for certain slides. Most likely a "soft opening" will be invite only.
Now that makes sense.

A quick note.. since the world still seems to be up in arms over the $120 theoretical ticket price..

The ticket is still only available as a 3-day ticket, but if you look at the various price options and ticket-builds (2 parks versus 3 parks, 2 day versus 3 day) then you come out to about a $40-60 difference to have access to Volcano Bay or not have access on what is otherwise the same ticket.

Which seems much more reasonable for the ticket price as a stand alone. I'm betting it'll be about $40 for an add-on to any ticket and $60 as a stand alone.

Reactions: Scott W.
A quick note.. since the world still seems to be up in arms over the $120 theoretical ticket price..

The ticket is still only available as a 3-day ticket, but if you look at the various price options and ticket-builds (2 parks versus 3 parks, 2 day versus 3 day) then you come out to about a $40-60 difference to have access to Volcano Bay or not have access on what is otherwise the same ticket.

Which seems much more reasonable for the ticket price as a stand alone. I'm betting it'll be about $40 for an add-on to any ticket and $60 as a stand alone.
Yes. (Plus $20 parking)

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.