Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 354 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was NOT thinking of speedos! :shh::lol:

What happened to your laptop? Do we need to start a gofundme?

I think the power connector is bust but it could be a number of things. By the time I get it diagnosed and fixed, I'd probably be just as cheap getting a new one.

It's a business expense anyway, so I'll get a new one next week some time hopefully.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Not sure if mentioned but Universal will offer early entry to Volcano Bay as a perk for staying in the higher priced resort hotels...as well as the already provided early entry to Potter.

I've tried posting a link (it's probably old news anyway) but it's listed as a perk on the virgin holidays website.

I thought I had read this as a perk for all of the on site hotels, not just the deluxe ones.

EPCOT's actually opening on Oct 1 was pretty awful too (By 10am every ride except Mexico broke down and they had a whole setup for refunds). Of course Disney didn't invite the press until the 22nd....

The Magic Kingdom opened before 10/1/71 in Orlando to try and avoid the opening day issues they had at Disney Land...

EPCOT's actually opening on Oct 1 was pretty awful too (By 10am every ride except Mexico broke down and they had a whole setup for refunds). Of course Disney didn't invite the press until the 22nd....

This raises the point of what was the most successful park opening in Orlando?

This raises the point of what was the most successful park opening in Orlando?

In terms of attendance and subsequent spending, etc... Epcot. Many parks start smallish and then build attendance. Epcot outpaced MK for attendance for the first few years. The company hid that by combining the attendance numbers they released. It didn't help that Eisner hated the park.

There's a news article somewhere about it - just after the holiday peak sometime in the early 2000's. Either Eisner or Iger was using it to brag, the old record was epcot millennium celebration NYE. I think that day still has highest number of guests physically in the park at once, but this later date had like highest total admissions.

I thought I had read this as a perk for all of the on site hotels, not just the deluxe ones.

The Magic Kingdom opened before 10/1/71 in Orlando to try and avoid the opening day issues they had at Disney Land...
And EPCOT actually opened a week before Oct 1. But many of the attractions didn't work right or weren't ready (Spaceship Earth ran a soft for the first time the day before). I was there and I can tell you it was a real CF. Plus the crowds were larger than they expected to add insult to injury.

Musing: I wonder how much the waterfalls such as this leak to the interior of the structure. I know that they coat the drop-pools with a sealant but what about the constant splashing beyond. I have wondered this since EE although, like the Yeti, their operation has been sporadic at best. Better not happen here!

Musing: I wonder how much the waterfalls such as this leak to the interior of the structure. I know that they coat the drop-pools with a sealant but what about the constant splashing beyond. I have wondered this since EE although, like the Yeti, their operation has been sporadic at best. Better not happen here!
I think they loose more water from vaping then anything else.

I'm sure this was covered somewhere in 354 pages, but I just learned that even though we'll be staying at the Hard Rock in June, we have Fast Passes for the 2 parks but not for Volcano Bay. That is extra. Website and all of the pricing options is very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.