Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 424 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bunch, Typhoon Lagoon does some night stuff/events. I've been to Wet N Wild at night years ago. So there are some out there that do have some night time hours. Not sure if any have a night show though so that part may be unique
Aquatica has "Island Nights" during the summer, but I think the latest they stay open for that is 8pm.

island_nights_at_aquatica__blog_0-500x343.jpg

Last edited:
Sails have been added to one of the boat bars!

Yayy!

That one looks like "Dancing Dragons Boat Bar" in Rainforest Village:

DancingDragonsBoatBarconceptart.jpg

Reactions: 12th Man
Does anyone know if there is another nightime waterpark that exists??
A bunch, Typhoon Lagoon does some night stuff/events. I've been to Wet N Wild at night years ago. So there are some out there that do have some night time hours. Not sure if any have a night show though so that part may be unique

On a regular basis, the answer is no. Some do occasional things- but TL is rarely open at night. I've been to TL on two separate DVC events (in 2015 and 2016) where it stayed open until 12:30/1am and had a great time. The wave pool is lit up very well, but the majority of the walkways and staircases aren't lit up well at all. The park certainly wasn't designed for nighttime; whereas I believe VB will be- but we won't know until we actually see some walkthrough videos at night once it opens.
But no park that I know of is open every single night like VB will be.

There has not been much talk of the wave pool in general obviously because we haven't seen it working well yet other than a video the other day but they weren't really waves. Whats everyone's personal expectation/hope for the wave pool and the type of waves it generates?

For myself it would be something that generates waves that break on par with typhoon lagoon but after seeing the latest drone footage and workers stood near the end of the wave pool it really does not look deep enough for those types of waves. I really hope this isn't another traditional 'rough water' wave pool where you just bob up and down. Having said that the wave pool is huge and UNI also patented the wave tech a couple year back so I will reserve actual judgement until I see some videos of it running properly.

There has not been much talk of the wave pool in general obviously because we haven't seen it working well yet other than a video the other day but they weren't really waves. Whats everyone's personal expectation/hope for the wave pool and the type of waves it generates?

Several pages back, someone had a shot of a sign indicating wave type. I'm assuming they will run like other wave pools and have a calm time (bobbing, gentle) and rough time (breakers).

For myself it would be something that generates waves that break on par with typhoon lagoon but after seeing the latest drone footage and workers stood near the end of the wave pool it really does not look deep enough for those types of waves. I really hope this isn't another traditional 'rough water' wave pool where you just bob up and down. Having said that the wave pool is huge and UNI also patented the wave tech a couple year back so I will reserve actual judgement until I see some videos of it running properly.

Personal Hope: It's similar to Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool with the massive wave every few minutes.
Personal Expectation: It will be a more subdued traditional 'rough water' wave pool.

Thoughts: Typhoon Lagoon can pull off the larger waves because there's areas of the wave pool where the large waves can be avoided. Where as VB has no such shelter. Being the only wave Pool and a recommended option for waiting between slides, I expect it to be a traditional wave pool by design. But who knows ?! UC has surprised before !

Personal Hope: It's similar to Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool with the massive wave every few minutes.
Personal Expectation: It will be a more subdued traditional 'rough water' wave pool.

Thoughts: Typhoon Lagoon can pull off the larger waves because there's areas of the wave pool where the large waves can be avoided. Where as VB has no such shelter. Being the only wave Pool and a recommended option for waiting between slides, I expect it to be a traditional wave pool by design. But who knows ?! UC has surprised before !
Can't it do different waves, so the waves can change like every 20 minutes? If so it is possible I think it could have a larger wave setting.

Several pages back, someone had a shot of a sign indicating wave type. I'm assuming they will run like other wave pools and have a calm time (bobbing, gentle) and rough time (breakers).

Damn missed it, any chance you could link it? Sorry, I have tried searching all sorts other to no luck than going through every page and reading everything is about my only option however I have to go to work this week :lol:

Can't it do different waves, so the waves can change like every 20 minutes? If so it is possible I think it could have a larger wave setting.
I think according to the patent they could generate different types of waves in different areas from what I interpreted from the documents, take that with a pinch of salt as it was a while ago that was discussed, the only reason I doubt we will get some like typhoon lagoon and other parks with waves big enough to surf is mainly due to the design of the pool which is so much different in comparison, all of the others are long straight and deep for a certain distance and the widen where as volcano bay shares no resemblance to those at all, who knows though the new tech maybe able to generate them regardless of shape, I'm not really sure if the identical shape of them all is really required to make the waves. One of the only other water parks I have seen that generates surfable waves without that traditional shape is the old Ocean Dome in Japan, no long straight deep area first just widens from the start of the wave pool wall.

Traditional shapes:

Typhoon lagoon:
orlando-themeparks-027.jpg

Siam Park:
lowsppanoramica2.jpg

Sunway Lagoon:
3-sunway-lagoon-malaysia.jpg

Wadi Adventure:
as_surf_wadi_struntz_2048.jpeg

Non Traditional shape:

Ocean Dome:
9dfb1ef0167d38398a4e5027410390d0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
From the CNN article

A pool with nine different waves
In the foreground is a multi-directional wave pool, longer than a football field. Throughout the day it pumps out nine different types of waves from traditional rolling waves to choppy waves to crisscross waves that slam into each other.

I swear I read somewhere the pool has 8 different wave programs.

From the CNN article

A pool with nine different waves
In the foreground is a multi-directional wave pool, longer than a football field. Throughout the day it pumps out nine different types of waves from traditional rolling waves to choppy waves to crisscross waves that slam into each other.

Wow this sounds amazing, really can't wait to see some footage of this. Task for anyone going there early with a video camera, get footage of all 9 types and I will give you some internet points ... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.