Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i mean like a "come back later" type ticket.

Yeah I could see that. On a personal note, I don't generally mind when companies mess up, I run a business and it happens but how a company deals with their mistakes goes a long way and offering something like that would be a good gesture.

The problem with doing that I think would be that the grand opening is for AP only (I think?) so offering a return ticket would be a bit pointless. Some free merchandise or food and drink or a preloaded credit on a Tapu Tapu might be a better gesture.

Yeah I could see that. On a personal note, I don't generally mind when companies mess up, I run a business and it happens but how a company deals with their mistakes goes a long way and offering something like that would be a good gesture.

The problem with doing that I think would be that the grand opening is for AP only (I think?) so offering a return ticket would be a bit pointless. Some free merchandise or food and drink or a preloaded credit on a Tapu Tapu might be a better gesture.
Volcano Bay opens Thursday at 10:00 to everyone, I believe the opening ceremony at 6:00am is for annual passholders only though.

I've seen this before too on raft slides, but do you guys think for Volcano Bay they'll have scales on body slides? If they do I understand it's for safety, but that'd seem pretty embarrassing to get to the top of a water slide after waited, be weighed by a stranger, and then having to do a walk of shame down the stairs in front of everyone. I mean, 250lbs isnt that heavy for a taller person

Capsule drop slide's limit is 300, I'm over 250 and rode one this morning. I also asked and they confirmed 300 (at the park I was at). The 250 weight limit applies to tube slides both single and double (this is embarrassing but true and can speak on personal experience). The hole in the center of an inter-tube basically turns into a giant suction cup if the weight is exceeded and the rider will stop mid-slide. Weight doesn't really effect family raft slides if you're a bigger person.

If you have an athletic build and weigh 275 or heavier tou'll hardly ever get called to be weighed in my experience. They are keyed on the "rotund" ones . I've been as heavy as 330 but with a very athletic build at 6'2 and never been summons to weigh. Hell, at 255, I'm in size 33 jeans. I at 280 right now and I bet I've never singled out to weigh.

My only issue over the years have been OTSRs on coasters I am very broad shoulders and chested.

If you have an athletic build and weigh 275 or heavier tou'll hardly ever get called to be weighed in my experience. They are keyed on the "rotund" ones . I've been as heavy as 330 but with a very athletic build at 6'2 and never been summons to weigh. Hell, at 255, I'm in size 33 jeans. I at 280 right now and I bet I've never singled out to weigh.

My only issue over the years have been OTSRs on coasters I am very broad shoulders and chested.

I would assume on tube slides where 250 is enforced, the issue is more about how much of you will plug the hole to create a suction vs how heavy you are in actuality.

Last edited:
I am still hoping for some fan stream pulses from this thing. (never satisfied)

magnolia_lit.jpg

Just drove past the site and things are still looking more like a construction yard than a water park. When will they get these landscapers inside to finish up? Wednesday at 10pm? Lol.

I am still hoping for some fan stream pulses from this thing. (never satisfied)

magnolia_lit.jpg
Based on the gear we've seen installed up there, it doesn't look like it. But in the tests we've seen, the water cannons are variable. They can shoot high, low and in between. Plus there are a bunch of them so I expect they can program a nice looking 'random chaos' lava profile.

Based on the gear we've seen installed up there, it doesn't look like it. But in the tests we've seen, the water cannons are variable. They can shoot high, low and in between. Plus there are a bunch of them so I expect they can program a nice looking 'random chaos' lava profile.
I wonder if they name the sequences?
St. Helens
Etna
Vesuvius
Krakatoa

Well, i mean like a "come back later" type ticket.
My cousin got this for Diagon Alley's opening day when Gringotts had that issue and became a 6 hr line.

I can see them handing out the same to people who complain about slides not open, especially if they're tweeting about how they will be.

Last edited:
My guess is that the perimeter slides open with the park on Thursday and that the volcano slides (drop slides, mat slides, water coaster) open at a later date. Also can't see the action river being open considering that it goes right through the construction zone.

@Teebin, do you think the dried out bamboo that they've been planting is salvageable? When they did landscaping work for the TM garage and Cabana Bay, I don't remember any of the plants looking as dry as the VBay ones do. I know we're in a drought but are they even going to survive at this point?

My cousin got this for Diagon Alley's opening day when Gringotts had that issue and became a 6 hr line.

I can see them handing out the same to people who complain about slides not open, especially if they're tweeting about how they will be.
The attractions not open will be posted on very visible signage out front before you use your ticket to get in. If you decide to still go in knowing that some slides are not operating, you have no reason to complain. Period. Several slides were closed at Blizard beach the other day when I went. But it was posted before I got in the park and I didn't have any less of an enjoyable day because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.