Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 441 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now, for the 800 pound Gorilla in the room. What is going to happen to all the fabric roofs in an August thunderstorm and the high winds that it brings. Worse yet, what about a hurricane coming to town? :saywhat:

Reactions: MattA
And now, for the 800 pound Gorilla in the room. What is going to happen to all the fabric roofs in an August thunderstorm and the high winds that it brings. Worse yet, what about a hurricane coming to town? :saywhat:

They look like PVC vinyl banner material. Very strong stuff but it's not unusual to see slits or holes in these kind of things to allow some wind to pass through instead of turning it into a giant sail.

Reactions: Joel and Andysol
The same could be said for those who can't fit in to the rides at the other parks.
It comes with the territory of being overweight or tall, that you need to be conscious of this going in to a theme park and read the signage and restrictions specifically before/at point of purchase, for your own wellbeing and enjoyment.

(Not trying to be insensitive here, just realistic, before anyone jumps on a politically correct high horse)
No I get that, but 250 lbs isn't a weight that most people have trouble getting onto traditional rides. The problem I see is that they open on Friday and nowhere does it say anything on their websites about weight restrictions. On every attraction for all the other theme parks, the website specifies the height requirement. I'm not trying to be PC or anything, this doesn't even affect me, I just see this as a potential ops/guest service issue.

Lol that line is what, barely a level below the main slide platform? I wouldn't consider it lengthy/its maybe a 10 minute wait. Its testing period. I think everyone is getting a little too critical here. Give it some time / wait till the general public is in the park.

The line for the green slide is 3 full flights of stairs. I understand those rafts can accommodate more than one or two people, but that can easily be 30 minutes at a water park, and this was for a small mock. I wasn't aiming to be "too critical", I'm just trying to facilitate a discussion as to how effectively TapuTapu will reduce wait times with a full park of guests.

The line for the green slide is 3 full flights of stairs. I understand those rafts can accommodate more than one or two people, but that can easily be 30 minutes at a water park, and this was for a small mock. I wasn't aiming to be "too critical", I'm just trying to facilitate a discussion as to how effectively TapuTapu will reduce wait times with a full park of guests.
That's why there was mock service. And for the next month we should all expect to be in the test and adjust period.

Reactions: Quint

If this is honestly true, that's a MASSIVE let down. I was immensely excited to hear that they had an original soundtrack for this park.

One of the biggest separators from Amusement Parks and Theme Parks for me is the original music tailored to fit the environment. Probably my least favorite aspects of Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are the fact that they just play a bunch of generic beach tunes.

Most of the time it are tropical storms when they arrive to Orlando.
We had some curtains made from sail material, locked it with metal wire and it hold 3 tropical storms in one summer. No problem of discoloration nor tearing.

Reactions: OLSinFLA
UNBELIEVABLE. Those are literally two songs that are played at TL. That breaks a lot of continuity and creates a copy cat look of TL. Very disappointed.

If this is honestly true, that's a MASSIVE let down. I was immensely excited to hear that they had an original soundtrack for this park.

Breathe guys. Breathe. The all caps and panic over something that hasn't even happened yet. Maybe the workers were sick of hearing bongos for the last several weeks. They're playing a lot of music- maybe they're testing the track for a grad bash or a paid event in the fall, etc.
Between all the Universal parks, there are multiple soundtracks. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that we'll get the tropical music that we've been hearing for the past month vs the beachboys we've heard just this morning for the first time ever.
This is as premature as "omg the water isn't colored", then the next day the water is colored.

Man, you some of you guys seriously overreact to the smallest things.

As i've said in the past, I am going to give the park a one month policy, in the terms of the internet. I'll comment on additions to what's there, and look at in positives; but if the park is still as unfinished as it is now, then that I may have some opinions on it.

Now in the event that some things aren't open, will Universal offer refunds? Or is there a fine print that everything might not be up?
That's an iffy situation. Cause their automated tweets state that certain slides will be open. People will use that as them saying it would be open. If it's not I can definitely see people getting refunds.

Breathe guys. Breathe. The all caps and panic over something that hasn't even happened yet. Maybe the workers were sick of hearing bongos for the last several weeks. They're playing a lot of music- maybe they're testing the track for a grad bash or a paid event in the fall, etc.
Between all the Universal parks, there are multiple soundtracks. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that we'll get the tropical music that we've been hearing for the past month vs the beachboys we've heard just this morning for the first time ever.
This is as premature as "omg the water isn't colored", then the next day the water is colored.

Man, you some of you guys seriously overreact to the smallest things.
I'm fine man. I specifically said "if this is true".

I was considering the fact that they may just be playing it for workers or staff etc. as well.

I've been pretty positive about this project as a whole, and this is one of the first times I've posted something critical (if you could even call it that) about this park here. I'm not going to freak out over something that's not proven yet, but I also will be honest that if it is true, it is very disappointing.

I highly doubt that it's going to be fully beach tunes, but I will say there's a chance (even if minor) it could be like SeaWorld which is like half and half. Which I still would be a little let down by.

So the "breathe" routine is unneeded in all honesty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol
I don't know. No waterpark I've ever been to has had them.

I had no idea. But is there a scale?

As others have said, it's more common than you think. We only went to WnW once, but I noticed when we went on multi person raft rides, we were staged at the bottom (which was the 1st weigh in stop) and then we were weighed again up top...my wife and I had to switch to different rafts at least once that day

But its a red light so they are in compliance ;)

Is there a red light at the top? I would think (with the proximity to the CBBR towers) that they could get an exception from the FAA since no plane should get that close to the hotel.

People were offered free park tickets the first week USF was open because nothing worked (except ET.) But I doubt everything will be down the first day like that.

Passholders were given a 2nd year for free as not much worked well that 1st year. Now for VB, I would think the typical 'these attractions are not open today' would temper expectations before anyone entered the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.