Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great set of pictures from Mako Madness, the scale of this thing is incredible, cant wait to see all of the steel up.

Video below is linked in the post above, just thought I would share on its own in the case people miss the link when going straight for the photos like I did.

A picture from the road:

Great set of pictures from Mako Madness, the scale of this thing is incredible, cant wait to see all of the steel up.

Video below is linked in the post above, just thought I would share on its own in the case people miss the link when going straight for the photos like I did.

A picture from the road:

You really get a good scale of the size from that road photo that you don't get from other construction photos.

Reactions: Dan B
You really get a good scale of the size from that road photo that you don't get from other construction photos.

I'm hoping they are only just over half way for the volcano, what amazes me is when we see the people on the structure working on it, they look tiny!

I'll probably waste way more time watching construction than I should.

If I lived near by I genuinely think I would head over everyday haha.

So what are the expectations on the visitor flow with this opening and Wet n Wild closing? Is it expected the locals will shift from Wet n Wild to Volcano Bay, or will Aquatica and Seaworld benefit (especially now Seaworlds annual pass is looking more and more attractive)?

Will be interested to see is Aquatica sees a significant expansion in 2017 to maintain interest. Exciting times, have we had a waterpark war before? :)

So what are the expectations on the visitor flow with this opening and Wet n Wild closing? Is it expected the locals will shift from Wet n Wild to Volcano Bay, or will Aquatica and Seaworld benefit (especially now Seaworlds annual pass is looking more and more attractive)?

Will be interested to see is Aquatica sees a significant expansion in 2017 to maintain interest. Exciting times, have we had a waterpark war before? :)
Aquatica doesn't have that much space 'directly' free. The land next to it on Idrive is theirs, but they would have to redo the exit lane from the parking lot and (possibly) the team member parking. Strictly in park, not sure how much room they have, perhaps by Banana Beach Buffet.

Knowing Universal as of late, I think the ticket price will keep some of Wet & Wild's audience at bay.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yes, I think they're aiming for a higher per guest spending demographic. It's not necessarily how many people show up, it's more like how much those people spend. And now, with five hotels, and more coming, a good percentage of VB attendance will be heavy spending tourists. The locals will be the icing on the cake. I would guess that the bulk of Wet & Wild attendance were locals.

Reactions: Mike S
Yes, I think they're aiming for a higher per guest spending demographic. It's not necessarily how many people show up, it's more like how much those people spend. And now, with five hotels, and more coming, a good percentage of VB attendance will be heavy spending tourists. The locals will be the icing on the cake. I would guess that the bulk of Wet & Wild attendance were locals.

Which is what Disney is doing too, but to a way more sever degree.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I wonder if Disney will update any of their water parks. As far as I know, I don't think Blizzard Beach has ever had an update and Typhoon Lagoon got their last update over 10 years ago.
It'd be nice to see them give their water parks a little love. It's extremely inexpensive to throw up a new slide. The costly part would be theming it.

Reactions: Mike S
Aquatica doesn't have that much space 'directly' free. The land next to it on Idrive is theirs, but they would have to redo the exit lane from the parking lot and (possibly) the team member parking. Strictly in park, not sure how much room they have, perhaps by Banana Beach Buffet.
I know the plan was always to expand to the south and build a new exit road. It's why the entrance is so far south.

I wonder if Disney will update any of their water parks. As far as I know, I don't think Blizzard Beach has ever had an update and Typhoon Lagoon got their last update over 10 years ago.
It'd be nice to see them give their water parks a little love. It's extremely inexpensive to throw up a new slide. The costly part would be theming it.

Do they have any room to add to them? I could have sworn Crush n Gusher was the only expansion pad either of the Dis water parks had

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.