Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just watching an updates of the Lightning Rod in Dollywood !
I have to admit, i'm jealous about the relief of Dollywood ! i really expect universal was trying to elaborate a most complex landscape, than a flat one !

They can shape the Volcano Bay property a little bit, in my opinion, theme parks like disney or universal are too flat (disney a little less), i know they have to build laaaaaarge area accessible to everyone, but i'm sure they can do an effort in that middle !

What do you think about that point ?
Yeah, Dollywood's a lot like BGW landscape wise, and I love the look of BGW. The main difference is Dollywood is natural. BGW had to be built up by digging & moving large tracts of dirt.

Reactions: Lucas C
Elevations makes it more expensive to theme ride buildings because they can be seen from more area's. The vulcano at vulcano bay is smack in the middle to needs to be themed 360. The ridebuilding of splash mountain, forbidden journey and the ak disco jetty coaster can all clearly be seen when you know where to look. This will get worth with use elevated differences.

Yeah, Dollywood's a lot like BGW landscape wise, and I love the look of BGW. The main difference is Dollywood is natural. BGW had to be built up by digging & moving large tracts of dirt.

The terrain at BGW is the natural terrain, the only modifications they made were to the bottom of the valley where they dammed the stream to create the lake that make the Rhine River. The hills were all there and they took advantage of them to create the park.

I have just watching an updates of the Lightning Rod in Dollywood !
I have to admit, i'm jealous about the relief of Dollywood ! i really expect universal was trying to elaborate a most complex landscape, than a flat one !

They can shape the Volcano Bay property a little bit, in my opinion, theme parks like disney or universal are too flat (disney a little less), i know they have to build laaaaaarge area accessible to everyone, but i'm sure they can do an effort in that middle !

What do you think about that point ?

I don't think any of the flat land in Orlando is intentional. Orlando is mostly swamp land so the land is naturally flat.

Reactions: anihilnation
Not the latest pictures but I missed these, this guy gets some great aerial shots which I presume are from a quadcopter. Worth keeping an eye on his twitter as the volcano goes vertical.

Edit 1: I believe this is possibly the latest picture, the day after the other one was posted with the water slide being installed. Does not show much though.

Edit 2: More recent pictures (not the best quality though)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
I wonder if they'll build anything inside the Volcano like the Matterhorn.

matterhorn-cutaway.jpg

I wish I could grab photos for you all but riding by everyday, Volcano Bay is just took far from the road to clearly get anything valuable right now. But please believe all of us when we say its a beauty to see from the ground as it erects. This will be an awesome finished product.

Reactions: Cheezbat and Mike S
I wish I could grab photos for you all but riding by everyday, Volcano Bay is just took far from the road to clearly get anything valuable right now. But please believe all of us when we say its a beauty to see from the ground as it erects. This will be an awesome finished product.
I didn't realize just how tall the steel structure is already until last week when I saw workers up there. Wow...it's got to be around 40-50 feet tall already! Also excited to see inner slide pieces being erected! Hoping for more concept art soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.