Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never paid attention to when Aquatica opened up, so I am also curious about this. Do parks in general do a soft opening or is it just opened to guests at grand opening.

I'm more interested in them testing the rides that go through the volcano. The last thing they want is to find a fault months after the rock work has all been installed and it's a nightmare to get access to fix the problems.

So I just got reservations for a DVC event at Typhoon Lagoon that doesn't even start until 9:30 and ends at midnight. I think it's safe to say that Water parks running at night isn't something that's groundbreaking.

I don't think anyone thought that? They just hoped VB WOULD be open at night because it looks like it lends itself to an awesome experience.

How does testing go for a water park like this?

Aquatica soft opened for about 2 months before opening. IDK how the testing and sign-off works though. I'd imagine they'd slide down different dummyweights to make sure it doesn't break the slide or shoot out the end.

Reactions: Mike S and IzzyB
So I just got reservations for a DVC event at Typhoon Lagoon that doesn't even start until 9:30 and ends at midnight. I think it's safe to say that Water parks running at night isn't something that's groundbreaking.

I'd argue if VB (big if) has a dramatic lighting change from day to night, it would be pretty dang cool

I don't think anyone thought that? They just hoped VB WOULD be open at night because it looks like it lends itself to an awesome experience.
I don't necessarily think anyone fully thought that either. It's just kinda of odd that people keep making a big deal out of it being open at night like it's a big deal (at least to me) when Water Parks across the country stay open late.

Then again, maybe VB will have some sort of "Pandora" effect where it will come alive at night and I just don't see it yet.

I would imagine that accredited life guards are brought in to test at some point. Perhaps they use silicone dummies on the raft slides.

Talk about dream jobs...

I'd argue if VB (big if) has a dramatic lighting change from day to night, it would be pretty dang cool

If they have an LED lava flow down the volcano at night, it would be spectacular.

I don't necessarily think anyone fully thought that either. It's just kinda of odd that people keep making a big deal out of it being open at night like it's a big deal (at least to me) when Water Parks across the country stay open late.

Then again, maybe VB will have some sort of "Pandora" effect where it will come alive at night and I just don't see it yet.

Definitely this. While yes, water parks have been open well into the night; those that are extensively themed are usually not. That Volcano is going to be awesome sight at night, especially if they deliver on the look of "lava flow".

I'm trying to create a night time effect of the artwork but it's proven to be quite time consuming, cutting around all the trees. Hopefully it will work.

WNW stays open until 9 PM in the summers. Or that is what their 2016 calendar states.

Also, if they don't keep their own amusements parks open late into the night, why would a lower attendance water park stay open late in the night? I imagine it will be a 9 PM closing is my guess.

You are correct about the summer closing time, @IzzyB. :) And in 2015, I know the latest that WnW stayed open to the public was 9:00 PM, too.

WnW occasionally opens the park at night for special events, groups that rent out the park, and esp. for the Slumber Splash Bash, which is held from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.