Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the "ALL TRUE" on the sign. It must be hinting that the park revolves around some sort of Polynesian legend/ghost/god/event, the authenticity of which is up for debate. You'll just have to visit yourself to find out!

This seems like they are holding onto the story they created for the original WonderSea name. It was all about the natives (who have a name I cannot remember) and all the lore of the volcano.

Two observations from the pics.

One, is the parking garage designed to add more levels later? It looks that way, but I kinda wonder why not just go ahead and build them.

Two, isn't that lazy river awful deep? Or is that concrete channel something else?

One, is the parking garage designed to add more levels later? It looks that way, but I kinda wonder why not just go ahead and build them.

Two, isn't that lazy river awful deep? Or is that concrete channel something else?

I only have a thought on the garage. The operation of CBBR has been restricted by the loss of parking. It was tight even before to the point if you moved your car during the day you may not have a place to park when you come back. Getting to the back garage and lot is tough with the VB construction so I think they want this garage online ASAP and go back to self parking. If they need it they can always add on later but until VB is done this is all that is needed to get them through next year..

Probably going to be a faster moving wave or rapids section. Check out aquaventure at Atlantis in the Bahamas. These rivers are really attractions in themselves and "lazy" will be a misnomer :cool:

8d3c6458510ca06f20f5367032ca28ab.jpg

6b2f452df40782f3d79d88382f97b1f7.jpg

Probably going to be a faster moving wave or rapids section. Check out aquaventure at Atlantis in the Bahamas. These rivers are really attractions in themselves and "lazy" will be a misnomer :cool:

8d3c6458510ca06f20f5367032ca28ab.jpg

6b2f452df40782f3d79d88382f97b1f7.jpg

Lazy in that you don't have to climb stairs to enjoy the attraction :)

I would guess a water park's hours would be based on demand. I am intrigued by how the park would look at night. I would love for this to be open at night one days when the park closes around 8 PM.

Since we tend to stay on site, my family would enjoy a day at one of the current gates followed by an evening un-wind at VB.

So I just got reservations for a DVC event at Typhoon Lagoon that doesn't even start until 9:30 and ends at midnight. I think it's safe to say that Water parks running at night isn't something that's groundbreaking.

And doesn't Gay Days have a party at night at Typhoon Lagoon every year? And the water parks have even had Extra Magic Hours in the past. :lol: No one said Universal was inventing keeping a water park open past 7pm.

If I'm reading the maps right, it must be incredibly depressing to be at the school across the road and watch that coming to life.

DPHS Class of 1996 represent!

I actually went back there after IOA opened and figured that some of the classrooms must have views to Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge....that's gotta be depressing!!

Reactions: Mike S
^I remember reading about that school awhile back. Yes, the classrooms can peer into Dueling Dragons and presumably just see a giant FJ showbuilding. Gotta be a surreal school to go to.

Anyways, I wonder when Universal will give the full-blown PR on VB? I'm guessing post-Kong?

WOOF I've missed a lot since I last went on this thread!!! Good lord it's actually coming together and looks as awesome as I've imagined!!! Finally we have construction to keep track of, along with keeping up to date on how many slides will be there, can't wait. I love the native story, I'm sure there will be a lot of fun photo ops with them in the park. Really looking forward to the design of it all the most

I've had friends that went to Dr. Phillips High School. Some would go to IOA after school, put on Hogwarts robes, and do homework at the Three Broomsticks. I'm sure if Uni installed a back entrance by the high school, it would probably be a pretty big success. :lol:
I had friends who went to Universal's on property education center. Now try that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.