Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
QFy8i4Ah.jpg

Some cranes been moved into position beside the volcano.

Goodness, I want to put that photo through Photoshop Auto Levels.
since @scott_walker is on vacation, thought i'd fill in for him. ask and I shall deliver:

QFy8i4Ah.jpg

QFy8i4Ah.jpg

Can we take bets yet on which point in this thread everyone starts freaking out that the volcano will look like its blown out and open in the back? How many pages is that conversation going to last? lol

While I know you won't be able to see steel work and they'll cover it with rock work I don't see any indication that the back third of the volcano will be covered at all. I don't have a problem with it but such a detail will certainly cause controversy on here.

Looking at Scott's comprehensive photo and CF's visual clarification... that is an ungodly height to fall from! And look at all those ancillary buildings on the edges.

For the foreseeable future, this is the final attraction that I am exited about... design and landscaping wise. The rest are out of my ilk and curiosity. But I do feel confident many of you will love Nintendo even if I don't understand the IP.

Can we take bets yet on which point in this thread everyone starts freaking out that the volcano will look like its blown out and open in the back? How many pages is that conversation going to last? lol

While I know you won't be able to see steel work and they'll cover it with rock work I don't see any indication that the back third of the volcano will be covered at all. I don't have a problem with it but such a detail will certainly cause controversy on here.

A short freak out already happened, but it's never too late so here we go..

I think the blown-out effect will actually be really cool and contribute more to the immersion than a fully finished volcano.. especially with the lava/magma-flow slides that come out from there, it's sorta like there's two sides to this park:

1. The front, wave-pool side is for tropical relaxation & serenity
2. The back which is the extreme/adventure side where the volcano is erupting with the back blown out, you have to slide down the lava slides fast enough to escape in time, plus the water coaster that launches you into the volcano from that side.

I'm more than ok with having the back side blown out (TWSS)

Reactions: Dan B
Pretty sure from Scott's picture, more of the water coaster seems to have been installed as it now looks to fully loop out and back into the Volcano. Also much more of the volcano on the pool facing side seems t have been rendered.

Reactions: Mike S
You can thank my wife for these:

It hits me funny that you are driving in the left lane in all of those shots. Was that because it feels more comfortable for you?

Too, it has come to mind that the three lane turn off for Wallace Road might disappear and be handed to Universal for landscaping. Universal will have to plant some really big trees to calm the honky tonk look that it has right now.

It hits me funny that you are driving in the left lane in all of those shots. Was that because it feels more comfortable for you?

Too, it has come to mind that the three lane turn off for Wallace Road might disappear and be handed to Universal for landscaping. Universal will have to plant some really big trees to calm the honky tonk look that it has right now.

It was purely to get better photos or that I was driving a Mercedes and felt the compulsion to drive in the fast lane :lol:

Last update:
ccSUZfE.jpg

BOAgLQ2.jpg

X2hTWPh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.