Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be smart? VB isn't going to be the easiest place to get to, unless this would be marketed as the sit down restaurant for Cabana Bay, which could work depending on the logistics of getting there.
Well it could work two fold. It could help the restaurant maintain enough business to operate since a smaller water park doesn't exactly have as much traffic. It could also bring people to the front gate and they could get a peak at what they may be missing out on if they aren't planning to visit the park otherwise.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
I think you're pretty close. :) When it was tested at WnW, there were kiosks set up at each ride where you could tap your band, and it would tell you when to return.

There were also a few small screens in the park (near the sandy reserved seating area and the wave pool) where you could tap your band, and it would let you know when your return time was for whatever ride you were waiting for.

The queless waiting is something that's been happening at a lot of water parks across the world. Uni's system may be a little beefed up, with the special effect stuff, but it's not really all that revolutionary

Anyone know how this affects the other non-queue attractions in the park? Like does the lazy river/wave pools get overly crowded?

Looking at the volcano in the distance, this looks like it could be at the entrance. Maybe another restaurant available to the general public outside of CityWalk?

You'd think so, but looking at the site, I don't think that will be the case. Based on the angle of the shot in the vid, it looks like the restaurant will be the large rectangular-ish building by the new CB tower. That is clearly inside the wall, and no real access to outside guests.

Unless there is going to be a restaurant in one of those towers.

Side note, how much do you think "Volcano view" rooms in those suckers will go for? Thats going to be a heck of a view.

Wasn't the original opening date March of 2017? Looks like its now early summer.
Officially it has always been June 1st. The March 2017 date came from the Loews CEO (i think, someone c-level from there) saying the towers will be done with the park in March. The belief is the park will soft open to AP's and family/friends in March.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryan
The aesthetic of this park and the way they're showing it off in the videos is unparalleled - the shots are directed with more artistry than a lot of feature films...

Night time volcano and more details on the area in / around the volcano are yes, yes, yes. So excited for this.

Reactions: blue180 and Mike S
Ok so I have a question.

It looks like I may miss out on going to this as I come back to the UK on May 20th.

However, my parents have AP's but they have interest in water parks and are not interested in going to any AP preview that may or not be happening. IF previews were happening when I am over there, do you think Guest services/Universal would allow me and my wife to take part in any preview on their passes (obviously my parents would vouch for this request when we are over).

I really am clinging at straws but I know it will be a few years till I can get back over from the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.