Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 340 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bus boarding is soo slow! On a busy day it might be quicker just to walk from the parking lot to VB.

Those buses have 3 entrance points. Granted- one might be Handicapped only. If so- that would suck. If they open all 3 and only do one as handicapped IF there is someone who needs it- that would be pretty quick loading.
Also remember- this isn't the ECV/Stroller infested WDW

Reactions: Dan B and Joel
Disney didn't even have a chance to create concepts for a Moana water park. Volcano Bay reminds me of what a Disney Moana themed water park would look like.

Gosh. What a terrible move by Universal. Mears sucks. Probably works out financially better but oh well shouldn't be to hard for Mears to travel hotel to hotel I guess.
Farming them out to Mears is much easier than trying to hire and keep full time bus drivers. The Orlando market is tough for hiring CDL holders. Disney is always paying a premium to get more bus drivers and Universal was having the same problem. Much easier to make it someone else's problem staffing the buses so they can concentrate on more important things. Mears runs all of the Disney Cruise Line and Magical Express buses so they have a huge pool of drivers available all the time.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Farming them out to Mears is much easier than trying to hire and keep full time bus drivers. The Orlando market is tough for hiring CDL holders. Disney is always paying a premium to get more bus drivers and Universal was having the same problem. Much easier to make it someone else's problem staffing the buses so they can concentrate on more important things. Mears runs all of the Disney Cruise Line and Magical Express buses so they have a huge pool of drivers available all the time.
I can understand that. Mears just has so many issues. Don't want that to carry over to the resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.