Volcano Bay Food & Drink Discussion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Food & Drink Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone else find it interesting that both Pandora and VB's food reveals both include root vegetable chips as a side dish?

VB5-1170x731.jpg

dkb381.png

Everyone needs to invest in Terra Chips stock:

exotic_chips.png

The first thing on TL menu was a pork sandwich and it's the first thing on VB's. A bunch of fried shrimp options also on both. Pork sandwich's, fried shrimps, tropical salads, plantain chips etc..

How is it not close? It's "island" food. The presentation may be different, but it's all the same idea.

Is this really a discussion? :lol:

Experience has taught me that those root veg chips look a lot better than they taste.

Also, the side by side makes the thought i had earlier pretty painfully obvious.. The food stylists at Disney need to up their game.

The Disney food looks bland.

Does anyone have any idea where this yummy appetizer sampler will be available? I assume "Kohola Reef Restaurant & Social Club" but it's not on the menu (or any menu for that matter.)

VB16-1170x731.jpg

There a block of Asian restaurants near SeaWorld that I'm pretty sure has that.

Pearl's is the best. And every Twistee Treat/Menchies sells Dole Whip. But Pixie Dust is a hell of a drug--apparently the Universal strain even more virulent.

(For the record, as someone who is a regular at Typhoon, first thought was VB menu very similar--both are going for that
"Polynesian take on fast food vibe" that Adventureland Verandah did better back in the 70s.)

Reactions: adjjb
Goodness, I could go for a pu pu platter right now... what are those round ball things? Crab rangoons?

I had my first junk food thing for the first time in 3 months yesterday and I thought I had died and gone to a happy place. :saywhat:

More more more!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Since it's not on the menus, I've dubbed it the "Island Appetizer Sampler."

Looks like Coconut Shrimp, Conch Fritters (or crab,) and some type of Spring Rolls. Sauces on the side include Pina Colada sauce for shrimp and Sweet & Sour Sauce for spring rolls.

We'll see if that lines up with reality if they ever update the menu details.

They accidentally took a photo of someone's plate from craft services that they left on the prop table. No one had the heart to tell them it's not going to be in the park.

Goodness, I could go for a pu pu platter right now... what are those round ball things? Crab rangoons?

I had my first junk food thing for the first time in 3 months yesterday and I thought I had died and gone to a happy place. :saywhat:

More more more!
Sometimes the food that's not supposed to be good for you is actually the best food for you. :thumbsup::)