Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I personally don't trust anyone who lives here in Orlando that ISN'T a theme park fan.
They should at least appreciate what the parks bring to O-Town. Sure lots of traffic but also a lot of dollars that stay in the area. I really like not paying income tax and the property tax rates are not too bad either. Sales tax? You should go to Illinois! 8.75% is common and my brother pays 4 times property that I do on the same valuation. Everyone in Orlando should be a fan!

Reactions: mcusi
99% of the time Proslides products are top of the line with next to no issues...really sucks that one of the times they have a major project with multiple issues, it happens to be on the biggest water park project in the USA in the last decade....and of course the project got seriously rushed to completion without a proper test/adjust soft opening period.

I've been to waterparks all over America and have seen issues here and there with rides built by every manufacturer, but Proslides was normally the most reliable. I hope they get everything ironed out and a solid expansion plotted and built in time to correct the negative press and issues before both Universal's and Proslide's reps become too damaged.

The thing is that slides like the TornadoWall fusion slides and the FlyingSaucer slides were prototypes. Given the challenges in construction and the fact they did not do any real soft openings mean that that problems that would have been ironed out before opening now come out.

For the body slides weight restrictions, parks love to slap weight restrictions on slides for random reasons. For example, I went to Adventure Cove in Singapore. The 6 slides at the park are from Proslide and the park decided for some reasons to slap a 250 lbs single ride/400 lbs two rider weight restriction on all of them! I told Proslide and guess what? They did not know, so its something the waterpark did after Proslide commissioned the slides. Its like a roller coaster: park open a coaster, then they randomly add seatbelts, a trim brake to "tame it down".

P.S: to learn how to do a great lazy river, Universal should have lifted a page out of the Adventure River at Adventure Cove. A great trip through a cave, many waterfalls and water features. Best parts was a trip through an aquarium and looking at the manta rays through a glass wall. The manta rays had fun too has they splashed people in the lazy river!

I would say that with casual fans (normal folks), big fans (some of us), and Lifestylers (I moved from Flint, MI so I can do George K.) we're well over 30%.

hmmm...for what I call about Orlando (watching the Disney area change since '71)...I thought too many locals worked at the parks to want to bother to go or they get in free...friends and family type thing..but I guess that goes back to when my younger brother worked for the mouse (about the time All Stars opened) or when he worked for UNI when City Walk Opened...but then me and Orlando...I recall watching Disney fire works from a ranch or two when visiting friends...days long gone past now.

Here's some interesting tidbits....The readers at Theme Park Insider just named their July 4, 2016 to July 4, 2017 Theme Park category winners. This is a survey, based on year long reader rankings of rides, restaurants, hotels, that they do every year on the Fourth of July....Winner of Best New Coaster: VB's Water Coaster (it beat out even all the regular new coasters),..... Best New Theme Park (yes, theme park, not water park): Volcano Bay....Best Quick Service Restaurant: Three Broomsticks (Hollywood),....Best Theme Park Hotel Resort: Portofino Bay............FOP won best new attraction....Victoria & Alberts won best hotel resort restaurant.....Tiffens won best theme park sit down restaurant.

Last edited:
Here's some interesting tidbits....The readers at Theme Park Insider just named their July 4, 2016 to July 4, 2017 Theme Park category winners. This is a survey, based on year long reader rankings of rides, restaurants, hotels, that they do very year on the Fourth of July....Winner of Best New Coaster: VB's Water Coaster (it beat out even all the regular new coasters),..... Best New Theme Park (yes, theme park, not water park): Volcano Bay....Best Quick Service Restaurant: Three Broomsticks (Hollywood),....Best Theme Park Hotel Resort: Portofino Bay............FOP won best new attraction....Victoria & Alberts won best hotel resort restaurant.....Tiffens won best theme park sit down restaurant.

While I remember.

Happy treason day everybody!
UK-Union-Flag.png

While I remember.

UK-Union-Flag.png
I remember the King well, The Madness of King George. :):lol: ....many of history's most important happenings partly created by crazy mad leaders. Emperor Caligula, Emperor Nero, Robespierre, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Mao, Kim, and many many other mad autocratic individuals. :( .....Modern day democratic people, like the UK ers & Americans, will triumph over the forces of autocracy. :):thumbsup:

Last edited:
Here's some interesting tidbits....The readers at Theme Park Insider just named their July 4, 2016 to July 4, 2017 Theme Park category winners. This is a survey, based on year long reader rankings of rides, restaurants, hotels, that they do every year on the Fourth of July....Winner of Best New Coaster: VB's Water Coaster (it beat out even all the regular new coasters),..... Best New Theme Park (yes, theme park, not water park): Volcano Bay....Best Quick Service Restaurant: Three Broomsticks (Hollywood),....Best Theme Park Hotel Resort: Portofino Bay............FOP won best new attraction....Victoria & Alberts won best hotel resort restaurant.....Tiffens won best theme park sit down restaurant.
I can't disagree with any of that.
Mako was in June so it missed the cutoff.

While I remember.

UK-Union-Flag.png

Oh the irony coming from a Scott :D

Happy treason day to you too . Hey- we're making America great(er) again one month at a time over here ;)

Reactions: Joel and Scott W.
I can't disagree with any of that.
Mako was in June so it missed the cutoff.

Oh the irony coming from a Scott :D

Happy treason day to you too . Hey- we're making America great(er) again one month at a time over here ;)
Mako won Best Coaster on TPI last year's voting. :thumbsup::)