Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also at 15:20 you can see why they required a life jacket in Te awa. You can see a lifeguard jumping in, which is quite a jump, after a wave flipped someone's tube over.
That's too funny.
My wife and I joke about the universal life guards- they're awesome and on top of it like I've never seen elsewhere. My 7 year old went down the slide at sapphire and, like a moron 7 year old, flailed around playing when she landed because she was being a "mermaid". That lasted half a second before the lifeguard was in there and I was having to fill out some quick paperwork for the "rescue". :D

We're at disneys Vero beach right now and while kids (3 and 7) were swimming, my wife said if we were at universal, we could just take a nap because we don't even have to watch the kids there. She was kidding... I think. :lol:

Teawa amazes me! I have not been to a lot of Water Parks (this decade) outside of Disney's and some great lazy rivers at a couple of Hilton's in Orlando, plus WnW, and CBBR

Anyway, the first time we went, we had good waves and the occasional 'fast'. But when my wife and I were at our seats and the clear the water signal came, I really got to see the 'fast' portion in action as they cranked it up to push everyone to the exit.

This trip, I got to really have both for a while. It really is fun to see guest cheering for a wave to come. What I was told is that they turn the waves off when anyone (or maybe too many people) are out of a tube. My last time going round, I had water 'sandals' on and went to jump out of my tube to make a break to the exit and one fell off. I grabbed my tube and started after it. I got it before too long, but I finished a round in the river with my legs in the water....so instead of being on the tube, I just had my upper body up through the center and man, those jets that push the current flow hurt when the water hits your legs!

But I am just amazed at how much control they have of the system, my guess it is all live operated and not programmed.

Kinda proves the point that they don't spend. If they won't spring for a night at CBBR........
Why would people who live five minutes a or fifteen minutes want to drop hundreds of dollars on a hotel room when they can just drive there? Yeah they may not spend as much money, but they're still spending money.

They have never marketed Volcano Bay as anything other than a water theme park. Nowhere has it ever said that it would be a resort-only park. With all the advertising, commercials, billboards, etc...this is marketed to everyone, and to not include a major demographic would be a horrible move for Universal. They have a large local passholder base.

I get your points...they make sense...but if Uni only wanted this to be a resort exclusive park, they should've marketed it that way from day one.

Why would people who live five minutes a or fifteen minutes want to drop hundreds of dollars on a hotel room when they can just drive there? Yeah they may not spend as much money, but they're still spending money.

They have never marketed Volcano Bay as anything other than a water theme park. Nowhere has it ever said that it would be a resort-only park. With all the advertising, commercials, billboards, etc...this is marketed to everyone, and to not include a major demographic would be a horrible move for Universal. They have a large local passholder base.

I get your points...they make sense...but if Uni only wanted this to be a resort exclusive park, they should've marketed it that way from day one.
Look at it from their perspective and not yours. Why would you fill the park with day guests when you can fill it with people that paid you to stay in your hotels?
To be nice or fair?
Doesn't work that way..

Look it's open to everybody that wants to go. But if you're not staying on property, it will be really hard to get in for the next few months. That will die down though.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I would say that with casual fans (normal folks), big fans (some of us), and Lifestylers (I moved from Flint, MI so I can do George K.) we're well over 30%.
I agree. I'd say a good third of people I know or met in the sixteen years I've been down here at least enjoy going to the parks. I too moved from the icy cold north and hated not having anything other than the waterpark capaital of the world (with outdoor parks only open 3 months out of the year) and Six Flags Great America nearby. Everyone I'm friends with want to visit Volcano Bay badly, but with the negative reviews and hearing how busy it is, many are nervous to even attempt a visit right now.

Reactions: Disneyhead