Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

well they already weigh each guest so maybe they can have them just hold the food and subtract the difference.

BRILLIANT_.jpg

That would really extend lines....imagine a family of 5 waiting to all weigh their lunch, and calculate their price? Would be madness.

Nah, do it the way they do with TMs.

The scale is right by the register and you plop your little styrofoam box onto it and the register TM pushes a button (and one to subtract the container depending on its size) and it calculates it.

For a large family it'd just be a matter of repeating it a few times, but considering the size of the containers you could easily do a "family bowl" option or something with taco goodies and make it super simple. I suspect most moms would just shove their kids taco into their box in the first place.

Man I am going in September and the food was a big reason I decided to book a trip to VB while visiting the other parks. Not much of a water park guy normally.
This blows.

Hey, that was me! I tried to keep that a lighthearted little "what the heck are you guys doing" message but everyone flew off the rails real fast. I thought the Korn Cob would get them laughing. I deleted the whole thing when I checked back and saw where it was heading.
Korn sure has quite the job. Remind me to never work in PR (essentially what he is here, even though it's social media)
View attachment 4979

I've been to a lot of power plants and refineries that do that for sandwiches and salads too. There are a lot of guys getting lots of food and it seems to work well.

Nah, do it the way they do with TMs.

The scale is right by the register and you plop your little styrofoam box onto it and the register TM pushes a button (and one to subtract the container depending on its size) and it calculates it.

For a large family it'd just be a matter of repeating it a few times, but considering the size of the containers you could easily do a "family bowl" option or something with taco goodies and make it super simple. I suspect most moms would just shove their kids taco into their box in the first place.

Hey, that was me! I tried to keep that a lighthearted little "what the heck are you guys doing" message but everyone flew off the rails real fast. I thought the Korn Cob would get them laughing. I deleted the whole thing when I checked back and saw where it was heading.

I've been to a lot of power plants and refineries that do that for sandwiches and salads too. There are a lot of guys getting lots of food and it seems to work well.

It also solves the problem of how a place offers breakfast when it's not really set up for it. Scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal, grits, waffles, pancakes, etc.. pay for it by the pound alltogether and then replace it with taco stuff or spaghetti stuff or whatever else for lunch.

What a great response...I would have gotten fired from someone calling me Korn cob...Simply because I would have hacked their account and sent nudes to all their friends
Ha, Matt doesn't care. He's an easy going guy. I even DM on there to make sure he was good before deleting the thread. A lot of the people there refer to themselves as children of the Korn even. The whole group is supposed to be a fun and light hearted place to share and enjoy UOR but instead everyone takes everyone takes everything too seriously

I looked at the updated menus at all of the places and yes they basically decimated all of them, but Kohola isn't as bad as I thought. I was going to cry if it was as boring as the other 3.

lol so the pictures on the website all show food you actually can't eat at the parks? oh my word.

Bare with me, as I don't typically do these things. But I figured, this would be the exception to the rule.

I conduct a podcast series to where I chat with individuals from the community, and that with the launch of the new season; I have gotten the chance to have a chat with Justin Martin; which was involved in the blue sky creative Development of Volcano Bay from 2014. While this is a minor element, I figured if you wanted to hear about the other side of the shoe, this may be a great chance to give it a try.

I highly reccomend checking out, if only to hear about his experience working alongside Universal Creative, and that I also talk with him on some of his other contributions, including the likes of his current involvement with Thinkwell, his past; and more.

Also, ThisFloridaLife was stuck on I4 traffic and got the chance to see Volcano Bay from the freeway perspective..and I have to admit, it looks very different from that angle.

Bare with me, as I don't typically do these things. But I figured, this would be the exception to the rule.

I conduct a podcast series to where I chat with individuals from the community, and that with the launch of the new season; I have gotten the chance to have a chat with Justin Martin; which was involved in the blue sky creative Development of Volcano Bay from 2014. While this is a minor element, I figured if you wanted to hear about the other side of the shoe, this may be a great chance to give it a try.

I highly reccomend checking out, if only to hear about his experience working alongside Universal Creative, and that I also talk with him on some of his other contributions, including the likes of his current involvement with Thinkwell, his past; and more.

Also, ThisFloridaLife was stuck on I4 traffic and got the chance to see Volcano Bay from the freeway perspective..and I have to admit, it looks very different from that angle.

Yep, it's that close.

When does anything not just immediately go off the rails on Facebook?
Usually political discussions are fair and balanced

I was thinking yesterday, the food at VB was special and different from your average menu at a water park..Perhaps we will see some of the food slowly return as the park continues to get on its feet...Perhaps wishful thinking, but I would love to see a restaurant in the park that served more of the old stuff...Maybe with the new expansion

Last edited: