Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry to keep chiming on Tacogate, but it still shows a Taco sampler on the menu on the official website in addition to the hot dog and nachos. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Universal Orlando

Sorry to keep chiming on Tacogate, but it still shows a Taco sampler on the menu on the official website in addition to the hot dog and nachos. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Universal Orlando
I noticed that too. Part of the reason I think they want it to come back in some form.

But no, there aren't any tacos currently available. But there are nachos at least.

For the tacos, what they need to do is a simple "pick a shell/pick a protien". Then have a nearby toppings bar. Boom! Done. Fast, fresh, and millennial proof.

problem. People will use the toppings bar to come in make salads. They will order one taco for 4 people and make 4 "taco salads" I believe that was a problem at Disneyworld at Pecos Bill. The budget board people killed the toppings bar there.

Reactions: Coasted and Eckert
There's still a chance they come back with tacos, just reinvented, hopefully less like soggy cardboard.

Maybe.

were they trying to use crunchy shells? They would need to use a soft shell, or a corn/wheat mix shell. A soft shell might get nasty in the humidity, but a crunchy shell would just fall apart

Flour tortillas maintain very well in the heat, they are also very
Durable.

They don't need elaborate topping combos. Pick one protein. If people don't want chicken they can order the bacon cheeseburger. Just make a mild salsa/ pico sauce, and if people don't want onions or other toppings, they order it plain. Keep hot sauce and maybe jalapeño at the condiment bar.

It would be extremely easy to push out quick cheap tacos. Ask Taco Bell how they put out hundreds of tacos an hour.

I mean could they do better? Of course,
But look at the alternative. Corn dogs are carnival food.

They know how to do a taco bar. It's a regular feature of the backstage cantinas.

Note: you can make a taco salad, tacos, or nachos. You paid by weight.

Nacho cheese and sour cream don't weight much and neither do chips.

Many many a waistline was ruined.

Edit: It just occurred to me they could solve many of their problems with guest abusing toppings/bars/fountains if they just did it the way you do backstage - pay by weight.

Reactions: Joel
So? If it ends up being a resort only water park, it ends up being a resort only water park. Disney, with all of its rooms can't even sustain a resort only water park- so if universal could, all the better for them and all the better reason to stay on-site.
I'm sure two things will happen- crowds will slow a little and capacity will increase with the future expansion.
The new hotel rooms will offset some of that- but a 4th park will offset it even more.

The bottom line is, with 3 parks- UOR hasn't even gotten close to what all they could do with extra hours.
1- expand hours to VB/IoA/USF beyond just Christmas week and middle of summer instead of just VB/IoA or VB/USF.
2- expand to an extra evening hour in addition to the morning hour
3- expand the number of attractions. Open more of- or even the entire park instead of just HP.

Tons of flexibility.

If it ends up that Universal needs 2 water parks- they aren't land locked anymore and can easily put another park at site b.

Again- flexibility. Space. Land. A plethora of resort guests. All luxuries that are new to Universal.

For sure.
As it stands now- partner hotels get early entry- but only if they book a vacation package through universal. There are several hotels involved- so I'm sure it's a decent amount that come in via that option. Although I'd have a hard time believing they book 4600 (wdw rooms+ aventura) of those packages each trip.

I also wonder what happens with Early Entry. I always thought they would open more rides, but now that HP has Express, do folks at the Deluxe's just sleep in later?

I think Universal under estimated the appeal of having a water park adjacent to so many rooms. They knew it would be a great selling feature, but totally unprepared for how popular.

It's like, neither Disney or Universal, has read the Unofficial Guide to Disney World. The most popular thing in all of Disney World for kids is the hotel pool. Well, Universal built a jaw dropping hotel pool. I think they may want to rethink the pools at the new WnW resorts. Each one should have a lazy river and a multi slide tower.

And I do expect for Universal to drop the partner hotels. Maybe after the WnW resorts open. Maybe after the south campus.

I always recall before I had a child how I would meet friends in Orlando (my brother worked at Disney back then at it was when Employees had all these tickets to give away)....but I noticed the Parents wanted to go to the parks...the kids wanted to stay at the pool (off site near Disney)

Reactions: Coasted
They know how to do a taco bar. It's a regular feature of the backstage cantinas.

Note: you can make a taco salad, tacos, or nachos. You paid by weight.

Nacho cheese and sour cream don't weight much and neither do chips.

Many many a waistline was ruined.

Edit: It just occurred to me they could solve many of their problems with guest abusing toppings/bars/fountains if they just did it the way you do backstage - pay by weight.

That would really extend lines....imagine a family of 5 waiting to all weigh their lunch, and calculate their price? Would be madness.