Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think sooner than that.

How often did they hit capacity this summer? And they have new competition and other competitors have and are rolling out new attractions. VB is due soon...

I don’t know how often it has hit capacity, but the park is currently at Phase 2 capacity right now, and I know this is not the first time this summer.

TMs are still blocked out until the end of September, so it’s definitely not slow by their standards.

How often did they hit capacity this summer? And they have new competition and other competitors have and are rolling out new attractions. VB is due soon...
I seem to recall that around a week ago Nick said VB only reached capacity a few times this summer....Also Universal opened it up to some AP holders who were blocked out, which probably indicates crowds were under projections.

They hit capacity on July 4th and a few other days. That’s it as far as I know of.

Reactions: Mad Dog

They have barely hit capacity this summer, only really started when they unblocked APs...

If that’s all we get from Universal is just another unthemed slide tower, I’m going to call it a miss...
Universal should be knocking the socks off of Disney’s parks both in terms of rides and theming...some of what they did was excellent, but it’s like they just gave up before finishing.
While Miss Adventure Falls isn't the best themed water ride ever, it certainly isn’t unthemed. It’s more than adequate and a fun family ride.

As to your 2nd point, I disagree there also. We’ve gone over the numbers several times before, but with the fraction of on-site hotels at UOR and 1/4 the attendance numbers, the fact they built VB better than the two top attended parks in North America says something. They couldn’t spend a fortune, but they still spent a ton and gave us something incredible. I personally believe they did an unbelievable job with VB considering the restrictions (less resort attendance, less on-site hotels & less space).

So like fit females and very skinny males. Ok.
You aren’t going to find many males skinnier than me. But I won’t hit 150 either because I’m 6’1/6’2. So you need to be both 5’10 or shorter and very skinny. And if you’re 5’7+ and a fit female with some tree trunks as legs, you aren’t getting on this either.

It's way, WAY worse when someone actually makes a tapu reservation for a slide, not realizing that there's a weight limit, and they've now wasted a chunk of their day to try to get on a major ride, only to be turned away at the station because of a red light.
Except no one will have to make a tapu reservation into Punga since it will be “ride now” all the time.
You know... because no one can flippin’ ride it.

They have barely hit capacity this summer, only really started when they unblocked APs...
Expansions can work both ways though.

-Expand with the intent to increase capacity.
Or
-Expand with the intent to boost attendance.

Well. I think that may be the reason the plans got held up... if they do it now, while demand is still decent, they have no cards left went interest wanes a bit.
Once they run out of room there are always options...Really? Because new water slide concepts come out almost yearly. Something gets old and unpopular at Volcano Bay...replace it with something revolutionary and BAM! Interest is back!