Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are they geyser things on the yellow saucer slide already working?
Because the saucers don't really add anything at the moment.

Knowing that all of the opening kinks will be ironed out over the next month, I'm really happy with everything I've seen and can't wait to get to this park! :)
The only real negative for me personally though, is the faster moving river. I was really hopeful that this would be similar to Aquatica's one, where everyone just uses life-jackets and you can all zoom round on your back or front. I hate that they've gone with the idea to just have a slightly faster version of the other lazy river that forces you to use a tube, it seems like a real waste of space and the loss of a further unique experience for the park (as well as something that the Disney waterparks don't feature).
I really hope that Universal gets feedback to this effect over the coming weeks and they look to scrap the tubes.

Last edited:
Im really curious to know if any of the water effects are on on any of the rides now. There was an abundant lack of any sort of spraying water anywhere in the park. You could see all the places for it but nothing was on. Going on tuesday I will let you all know.
I saw a couple of squirting tikis in the lazy river vid

Isn't this one of the things your supposed to do while in a virtual line.... to avoid waiting in line....

Again- park is at full capacity and it's day 2 now. The difference between lines from day one to two is awesome. Definitely working out the kinks. This thing will be full steam ahead by July 1.

Reactions: ArchieAndrews
Again- park is at full capacity and it's day 2 now. The difference between lines from day one to two is awesome. Definitely working out the kinks. This thing will be full steam ahead by July 1.
There was no wait day 1. They really shouldn't require tubes for this thing.

There was no wait day 1. They really shouldn't require tubes for this thing.
Correct. And they also didn't hit capacity. And they also had 15-30 minute waits after your tapu tapu went off- so 3-5x the amount of people on the stairs.
They're working out the kinks and its moving in the right direction. Let's worry if it's still like this in two weeks.

As for no tubes- I'd prefer that too. Aquaticas is awesome. They should copy it to a T.

Reactions: Cheezbat
So you have to wear a life vest or be on a tube?

Bit ridiculous, no?

Also - thinking about the faster river...Is it potentially a safety call they made due to the potential for someone to smash their head on some rock work? Just a thought

Hopefully we'll see some nighttime footage tonight

They've already cut Summer closings from 10 to 8. So you're looking at September before you can ride at night. If you think they won't cut hours again come the slow season, you're crazy. Even Opening Day cleared out by 6. So barring a private buy-out, there is no riding this at night.

Interesting. I assumed something like this would happen. I keep thinking one day they will have a gate open into the evening. They do keep building things that look like they are made for evenings.

I was puzzled when they offered three park passes. I guess a large part of UNI's success is their local APH's and they are building a tourist resort on top of that success.

I guess I figured a water park would be less expensive to run, that most of the GP would be done somewhere between 2 and 4, and that they'd have enough hotel guest that (for the right price) they could get a good crowd after 4 if they stayed open until at least 8. Then, the AP offer could be something like an after two add on.

Oh well, I am at least going a couple times in June, so maybe I will catch some of VB at night.

This is the problem with having to use a tube, it should be a choice between a lifevest or a tube.
I thought it was a choice now or is that the lazy river only?

If they require a tube then maybe that is how the regulate the number of people in the river at any one time.