Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal should install 6-8 body slides that don't require conveyors or inner tube boarding. Keep it family friendly, high capacity, and off the tapu tapu.
Haha I was just saying this in the volcano Bay reviews thread!

I totally agree. While they currently have the best collection of slides in Orlando, they're missing the classic family friendly style body slides like Typhoon Lagoon and tons of other waterparks across the country have.

Personally, this sign is...
:drool:

Between these signs that keep popping up, the toppers, and the frog eyes and other lighting- it's a totally different park. I hope we get a quality walk through video when it's all done- because the current walkthroughs are all day one and it'll be a totally different looking park.

Loving VB more and more as they fine tune this stuff. Even @Miketheboss is gonna have to love it soon enough ;)

Between these signs that keep popping up, the toppers, and the frog eyes and other lighting- it's a totally different park. I hope we get a quality walk through video when it's all done- because the current walkthroughs are all day one and it'll be a totally different looking park.

Loving VB more and more as they fine tune this stuff. Even @Miketheboss is gonna have to love it soon enough ;)

Nice try but they're not even close to where they need to be.

This guy shows some tapu tapu interactive stuff I hadn't seen before. He also has some video of the stargazers cavern.

Nice try but they're not even close to where they need to be.

Yes, the additions look great but this park has nothing special imo compared to those in its proximity. It is not a water themepark. They over sold it.

.When all construction is finished, systems are all tested & ready to go, Tapu straightened out, etc.....Issue a public apology for opening the park before it's time....Stage,publicize, & invite the local media & public to a "New, Grand Re-opening of Volcano Bay".

That would be nice for them to re-invite the media and have another later opening, but I don't think there's anyway they're going to admit any wrong doing by apologizing. They're not going to say they shouldn't have opened when they did, it would open a huge can of worms.

Since the original statement on the first day have they officially said anything else? I think that's all they're going to say.

Reactions: Joel and Jon84
That's bad.

And it's not a spiteful "I demand my money back!" review either which makes it all the more damaging.

The park has a big hill to climb to even be on par for a lot of folks now.

I was at IOA during the early weeks and it was nothing like this. Some rides weren't open but nothing was blatantly unfinished and everything open worked.

Having the fast river open when it's not working is just poor decision making.

Latest Blog on Touring Plans is slating the park too..
Daisy's (Not So) Best Week Ever, June 15, 2017: Volcano Bay - TouringPlans.com Blog | TouringPlans.com Blog

An interesting Cabana Experience, seems they are an addition not well thought out.

Even renaming the blog for effect - People read this stuff and take it seriously!

Money quote from this review.

"It wasn’t worth half what we paid. It seems like they’re still figuring everything out, but charging a premium while they do it."

Reactions: DrakeParker
Money quote from this review.

"It wasn’t worth half what we paid. It seems like they’re still figuring everything out, but charging a premium while they do it."
Yeah, and the TP Blogs are pretty well rounded on the whole too, people trust them

Reactions: SeventyOne
Latest Blog on Touring Plans is slating the park too..
Daisy's (Not So) Best Week Ever, June 15, 2017: Volcano Bay - TouringPlans.com Blog | TouringPlans.com Blog

An interesting Cabana Experience, seems they are an addition not well thought out.

Even renaming the blog for effect - People read this stuff and take it seriously!

:jaw:YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! Touring Plans is typically a very positive website. This was not a good review at all. Letting other people into your cabana to use your Tapu machine is probably the biggest goof, then asking your guests to go take money out of an ATM so you can be properly tipped? What? The fact the couple stated that they have easier times navigating a park in another country than at Volcano Bay is also telling.

The idiots that walk into someone else's cabana are something else as well....

Lot of people have been critical of Disney for basically requiring people to "plan" ahead with Fast Passes before going to the park. It seems that Tapu Tapu basically requires a plan, but without any way to actually plan before you arrive. It also completely takes the "fun" out of being at a water park.

I was starting to give UOR a little slack, but this review really opened my eyes about just how bad the operations are. Not just the Tapu Tapu. Sounds like a giant mess.