Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Haha! They didn't add a curtain to the front side of the cabana because they didn't want people "getting busy." :lol:

I felt bad for her reading that, she didn't even go guest services to complain about the day because she was so defeated she couldn't be pleasant.

When you pay that much for a private cabana, only to have it be so public in traffic and having the neighbors come in and out through your cabana to use your Tapu kiosk is ridiculous. They should be asking for the money back for that extra at least.

Universal should create an indoor area so the park doesn't empty out during the rains and actually has something special compared to the other water parks.

That was part of the plan in the original WonderSea plans. It was around 60-70% of the attractions would be housed within a structure (don't think it was a volcano at this point) to avoid closure due to summer storms rolling through. The idea was cut over the years of development.

This guy shows some tapu tapu interactive stuff I hadn't seen before. He also has some video of the stargazers cavern.

This is pretty cool, though I was shocked at one part of the video.
I cannot believe that a new park could be infested with cockroaches. I've heard horror stories about motels with cockroaches in the room, and have seen public bathrooms with cockroaches (the latter instance is so common that the Animaniacs short "Potty Emergency" mentions this), but how did one get here? That, combined with the long waits for rides, would put me off going to this park.

That review was such a hoot to read. They really need to add "Private Cabana" signs. Paying that kind of money and having people "stop by to talk" would irk me so much. And the TM's must be taught to never infringe on the privacy of one cabana for another cabanas issues.

It was very clear that the reviewer really wanted to love the place...
Reminds me of a personal experience story at the old colonial town of Williamsburg. Back in the early 90's, the wife of one of my union members was hired as the personal secretary of the gentleman running Williamsburg. She was his personal secretary in Pgh., in his job as Director of the Pgh. Carnegie Museum . So, when he took over Williamsburg, she & her husband moved to Williamsburg. They were given one of the houses on site in the restored town to live in , and it was a couple of doors from the Raleigh Tavern. My live in GF at the time and I vacationed at BGW & Williamsburg. I called my friend telling him we were coming down for vacation, and he invited us over for dinner. Now that was a cool opportunity, being able to socialize & relax with our friends in one of the original colonial homes. So we showed up and knocked on the door. He answered the door, and his cat ran outside. He left the door open as he ran to catch his cat. Next thing we knew, dozens of tourists streamed into the house, thinking it was part of the tour. My friend came back in with his cat in tow, but it took a good while to explain to the people this was a private residence and they really needed to leave. :):lol:

Reminds me of a personal experience story at the old colonial town of Williamsburg. Back in the early 90's, the wife of one of my union members was hired as the personal secretary of the gentleman running Williamsburg. She was his personal secretary in Pgh., in his job as Director of the Pgh. Carnegie Museum . So, when he took over Williamsburg, she & her husband moved to Williamsburg. They were given one of the houses on site in the restored town to live in , and it was a couple of doors from the Raleigh Tavern. My live in GF at the time and I vacationed at BGW & Williamsburg. I called my friend telling him we were coming down for vacation, and he invited us over for dinner. Now that was a cool opportunity, being able to socialize & relax with our friends in one of the original colonial homes. So we showed up and knocked on the door. He answered the door, and his cat ran outside. He left the door open as he ran to catch his cat. Next thing we knew, dozens of tourists streamed into the house, thinking it was part of the tour. My friend came back in with his cat in tow, but it took a good while to explain to the people this was a private residence and they really needed to leave. :):lol:

lol I thought you were going to say a bunch of cockroaches came running out
Tourists are sometimes like cockroaches though.

This is pretty cool, though I was shocked at one part of the video.
I cannot believe that a new park could be infested with cockroaches. I've heard horror stories about motels with cockroaches in the room, and have seen public bathrooms with cockroaches (the latter instance is so common that the Animaniacs short "Potty Emergency" mentions this), but how did one get here? That, combined with the long waits for rides, would put me off going to this park.
Have you ever lived in Central Florida? lol. They're everywhere here. At Disney too. They love luscious palm landscaping. Even the best pest control systems aren't 100% effective. This has nothing to do with the park. These things love the warm moist climate.

I always love when people get freaked out by bugs in an outdoor setting... bugs, rodents... it happens.

Sitting outside at Duke's in Kauai- I saw a little mouse run from right under the fountain, grab a piece of bread- then haul ass back under the fountain.

I didn't bat an eye. Bugs and Rodents aren't a big deal at all- you have them all around your house- plenty of bugs inside- and plenty of bugs/rodents outside no matter where you live and what pest control company you use.

Have you ever lived in Central Florida? lol. They're everywhere here. At Disney too. They love luscious palm landscaping. Even the best pest control systems aren't 100% effective. This has nothing to do with the park. These things love the warm moist climate.
I've never seen any at Disney. I've seen lizards, but no cockroaches.