Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 239 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Went to Volcano Bay today and I was told the Green Slide in the Volcano has been down for the past few years due to legal issues and they don't know when it will reopen. Sounds like someone is suing? Has anyone heard about this?
It's been down for the past 9 months. It was closed because it was too intense which I can personally confirm as I've been on nearly 300 coasters and that green slide is still one of the most intense things I've ever done. I did hear an incident happened but I'm not sure what happened or how it happened. Sad to see it closed because it was genuinely one of the most insane slides ever.

Also, to add to the list of broken/closed things, the water flowing from the very top of the Volcano has been broken for awhile and it hasn't been erupting for a bit either.

Went to Volcano Bay today and I was told the Green Slide in the Volcano has been down for the past few years due to legal issues and they don't know when it will reopen. Sounds like someone is suing? Has anyone heard about this?

Which green slide, specifically? Not sure this made the rounds.

I believe it’s one of the drop-floor slides. The green one was closed when I was at VB more than a year ago and was still closed this week. I assumed it was seasonal refurbishment — but perhaps not.

Oh, interesting. Is that one of the ones that goes straight down, or one that twists? I'll admit those drop slides are gnarly as hell, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone landed the wrong way and there's now some kind of liability concern.

Oh, interesting. Is that one of the ones that goes straight down, or one that twists? I'll admit those drop slides are gnarly as hell, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone landed the wrong way and there's now some kind of liability concern.
It’s one of the two that twist. The “vertical” slide is Ko’ikiri Plunge (which is … magenta?)

I’m with you, though. Not only are these slides very scary, the ones that twist are very, very intense. I did Ko’ikiri this week but the other ones are more painful than I can tolerate these days.

These are the slides that dealt with reduced weight restrictions early on, right? Possible all this is related.

1726348597322.png
The green slide is the one that starts on the left.

Reactions: Clive
Was tossed around like a rag doll on it. So, so, so intense. So I can't so I'm surprised.

I found a trick to go even faster on it. I would wear a 100% polyester shirt and tuck it in. Since no back skin is exposed you are more slick and you get some extra speed. This works on the blue one also of course if anyone wants to try it out. Lol. With this method Blue is upgraded to Green and Green is upgraded to "This speed is not possible on a slide. It's insane, scary and very dangerous. I love it!".

I loved that ride and I hope it reopens again one day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: saint.piss
I didn’t even prompt him to say this, but my friend and his gf got back from a recent HHN vacation here. Neither of us enjoy water parks, but they were at Aventura and decided why not go one day. Said operations were iffy but in general they absolutely loved it here. Food was phenomenal and more unique than other offerings at UOR, they’d go back.

You could say this about everything in life, but I wish this park was cheaper. They liked the slides but were way more impressed by the atmosphere itself. It’d be nice if they could tier tickets for people who don’t want to do the attractions outside the lazy river. It’ll never happen, but just saying.

Look forward to this park one day getting an expansion.