Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Fearless Rivers isn't filled to it's correct height yet. All of the grates and stuff you see on the side walls towards the end will be submerged under water making the look completely different. This was just a temporary fix to have a lazy river open as it seems the Stargazer Cavern isn't ready yet. Also the view from the inside of the volcano will look completely different in a few weeks. But, by all means, make your judgements now on an incomplete product.

It won't actually fix my concerns regardless where the water level is. I do hope your right and inside improves significantly.

The Fearless Rivers isn't filled to it's correct height yet. All of the grates and stuff you see on the side walls towards the end will be submerged under water making the look completely different. This was just a temporary fix to have a lazy river open as it seems the Stargazer Cavern isn't ready yet. Also the view from the inside of the volcano will look completely different in a few weeks. But, by all means, make your judgements now on an incomplete product.
Once it's open I make my judgement. If it changes in the future then that judgement will change, but the second its open to the public it is open to scrutiny in my book.

Notice I left all my judgement till after it opened.

My review won't be made till I experience it first hand though.

Reactions: Sledge
I think people keep forgetting the Waturi made a literal water park at the site of the Volcano. Nothing about the story say's things should be natural looking. But if you like the bare concrete look at Disney better, good for you. I prefer the extra details. But hey, won't make me enjoy anything any less.

Reactions: tielo
It's unfinished and they have mentioned that numerous times. Stop :horse: already. Ans oh no they accidentally added an extra piece of tile. So unprofesional:rolleyes:
I don't think it's beating a dead horse. The place just opened and we are finally seeing the presented product. If I scrutinize the lazy river that hasn't opened yet when it opens, then it still won't beating a dead horse because it wasn't in such a position in where scrutiny was allowable yet.

I waited. Now I present my opinion.

Where's that guy that said Volcano Bay was the best themed/best overall water park in the world? I want everybody to watch this video and maybe lay off the people who had concerns about stuff like this. The inconsistencies here are mind boggling. You go under the water coaster station and it's completely themed, and then you float through a construction yard full of I beams, random netting, and exposed piping. Give me a break.
Yea it's even worse up close , the ariels were actually doin it justice , we stand corrected when we say the back side of this thing is just hideous lol I expected so much more from the lazy river when I initially seen that it was going to be going through a volcano

Alright guys. I'm done with the negativity on here today. I'm thoroughly impressed at Universal for pulling off what they did in the past couple weeks. And I can't wait to see all of the extra things still waiting to be added to this world class project. Have a nice day being miserable. I'm gonna go grab a drink with friends.

I love that a majority of the people in the Park are probably having a great time today and could care less about anything us internet trolls are mentioning. Lighten up. It's a theme park. It's supposed to be a fun topic to discuss. lol
You're missing the point. I'm not commenting on what the people who braved the park on opening day say (although I doubt everyone is oblivious to this). I'm making a comparison between the presented product and it's competition.

Good lord, people. People paid full price for this on the scheduled opening date. It's understood that operations are going to be iffy for a week or two - especially with Tapu - but the major compromises in theming/construction/quality control are worth criticizing.

I don't think it's beating a dead horse. The place just opened and we are finally seeing the presented product. If I scrutinize the lazy river that hasn't opened yet when it opens, then it still won't beating a dead horse because it wasn't in such a position in where scrutiny was allowable yet.

I waited. Now I present my opinion.
Exactly , nobody is trolling , or beating a dead horse , we mentioned it before the park opened then everyone jumped on us sayin "don't judge Till it's open" well here we are , up close and personal , what's beating a dead horse is everyone talk about how beautiful the park is, I agree completely , most of us do, but to sit here and say that volcano looks perfectly fine is a lie lol

I think people keep forgetting the Waturi made a literal water park at the site of the Volcano. Nothing about the story say's things should be natural looking. But if you like the bare concrete look at Disney better, good for you. I prefer the extra details. But hey, won't make me enjoy anything any less.

If Disney put out product like this they would be completely destroyed by Disney fans and by universal fans. I can't even believe you called it "bare concrete" at typhoon how ludicrous. Then someone showed an example from Aquatica that still is miles ahead of the river Universal built.

The point is, we know Universal can do better, and corners were cut. Trying to justify it by saying the Waturi built a literal water park is insanity to me.

If Disney did this no one on here would let them live it down for a second. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be negative, but I want universal to put the best product forward, and this is only partially there.

Given that there's a ton of locals there with the same three or four slides on their minds, it makes sense that things are a bit lopsided right now. Once that crowd disperses things will flow a little more accordingly. I do like the option of giving people more than just the rivers/wave pool during the waiting period. An adult water fortress embedded into the volcano would have been a nice addition to remedying some of these issues.

Alas, this shows the importance of having high-capacity rides in parks like this. Given the hysteria, a Proslide Mammoth seems to be needed like yesterday.
This inside of the volcano looks really nice from the Fearless River.... :bolt:

I hope like hell they add waves in the taller wall section or it's going to suck. I was thinking there were going for this

Thsee are Bigly at Shlitter bans and I though Proslide had a version

The life jacket requirement also sucks
Bigly.

Reactions: USO92