Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

if you do not make the weight restrictions, they should never let you in the line, you might tap, but they won't let you join the line. I am somewhere between 190 and 195 and rode two of the drop boxes before the lightning hit

Universal should build something like the Abyss slide at Aquaventure into the mountain as an alternative slide for those that don't want to do the drop boxes. Talk about a slide that totally surprised! A double down speed slide with an ever-so-slight turn to the left that makes it one of the best in the world. Aquatica also did this with the purple Breakaway Falls slide as an opt out.

Has anybody else ever tried the Abyss slide at Aquaventure?
aquaventure-atlantis-water-park-paradise-island-bahamas-january-power-tower-slide-abyss-60547805.jpg

Universal should build something like the Abyss slide at Aquaventure into the mountain as an alternative slide for those that don't want to do the drop boxes. Talk about a slide that totally surprised! A double down speed slide with an ever-so-slight turn to the left that makes it one of the best in the world. Aquatica also did this with the purple Breakaway Falls slide as an opt out.

aquaventure-atlantis-water-park-paradise-island-bahamas-january-power-tower-slide-abyss-60547805.jpg
Yep, went on it on Saturday, it's a pretty good slide.

Best part about the slide is you start at a black hole in the ground and end up in a grotto surrounded by waterfalls and fish tanks. Totally unexpected. Here are a couple pics from about 10 years ago. Still one of the best water parks I've ever been to.Atlantis 105.JPG Atlantis 074.JPG

I went to Atlantis then VB 2 days after, in my opinion Volcano Bay is better then Atlantis, the only thing Atlantis has over VB is the river. Volcano Bay has more slides, better food, and better theming even though that could be arguable on some levels.

Yeah, we'll agree to disagree on the theming part. I think most would disagree with you just by looking at pictures. Holy cow Atlantis is leaps and bounds above any water park in Orlando when it comes to theme and environment. Not even close. I will agree with you that the river is the glue that holds the park together - and is hands down the best (and longest) river I've ever been in. The guy designing Atlantis' water parks is like a modern day Disney of water parks. Uni should have consulted!

Yeah, we'll agree to disagree on the theming part. I think most would disagree with you just by looking at pictures. Holy cow Atlantis is leaps and bounds above any water park in Orlando when it comes to theme and environment. Not even close. I will agree with you that the river is the glue that holds the park together - and is hands down the best (and longest) river I've ever been in. The guy designing Atlantis' water parks is like a modern day Disney of water parks. Uni should have consulted!

Yep, I've been. Its design and layout is incredibly organic and feels like a real, living place. Many slides don't end in a small, isolated pool - they flow out on mini sections of the river that feed into the larger lazy or action rivers. Spectacular.

I love Atlantis. I went a few years ago when I was around 8 (im 17 now) and all I did was the river. My parents wanted to go to the beach like normal people but I would complain whenever we weren't at the water park.

if you do not make the weight restrictions, they should never let you in the line, you might tap, but they won't let you join the line. I am somewhere between 190 and 195 and rode two of the drop boxes before the lightning hit

That would require your Tapu Tapu to know your weight. The problem with that is that people will just lie. If you weigh 205lbs, people are going to say they weigh 200lbs to make sure that they can still ride the rides that they want to thinking that 5lbs won't make any difference.

While the TripAdvisor reviews continue to be dreadful with numerous 1-star reviews appearing each day, the good news is Universal has begun publicly responding and reaching out to some of those reviewers. It at least gives the impression that they're taking the negative publicity seriously.

That would require your Tapu Tapu to know your weight. The problem with that is that people will just lie. If you weigh 205lbs, people are going to say they weigh 200lbs to make sure that they can still ride the rides that they want to thinking that 5lbs won't make any difference.

What I meant was that any can tap a wait in line but when you go to enter the stairs at the bottom of the volcano, you will be weighed before you get to go up the stairs, so it is not like you would climb to the top to be told you can't ride. You will be stopped before you enter the actual queue.

There is a weigh-in at the entrance of the slides.

I chickened out of this slide at the top XD

There is a weigh-in at the entrance of the slides.

Why would they opt for a slide with such a limitation (considering today's demographic of American's being overweight). It seems like all of this could have easily been avoided if they built normal drop slides without the trap door.