Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is the park still busy around the time it now closes?

Park was dead around 6:30 last night. We had a quick "Hey, lightning in area, get out!" call around 5 but they let everyone back in after 15-20 min.

Odd that they have 2 different menu designs for the cabanas....

The 1st menu is from the bars, 2nd menu is the real cabana menu.

Either that's misreported, or a very temporary thing. The average male weighs between 195-200 so that's not giving a lot of wiggle (or JIGGLE, get it!??... I'm sorry) room.

I'm having trouble keeping up with the constant changes, so...

What's the status of express? Can I purchase in park or ahead of time? Is it simply no longer offered to anyone? How far in advance do I have to purchase it if it is still available? Express is dead. If you purchased before they killed it, they let you use it.

What's the status of Cabanas? How far in advance do I have to purchase them? Can I reserve a specific cabana or cabana group? You can rent cabanas, but they are now requesting you book one when you get there. Prohibiting advanced purchases for the time being (At least if you're trying for now). If there are options and availability, you can choose where to go.

What's the status of Tapu Tapu? Can I only reserve one ride at a time? Can I reserve Krakatau while I have another reserved? TapuTapu seems to be getting better. A lot of interactive areas still aren't working fully. You can only reserve one ride at a time. That's it. No more stacking, even Krakatau.

Which rides are having what issues? Which slide is having what seems like constant conveyor belt issues? Is the fearless river at its fullest yet? Is the lazy river complete (with and without including stargazers cavern?) Krakatau seems to have most issues, for obvious reasons. Other slides have issues mostly due to sensor fails or other anomalies. Fearless River was a lot more "actiony" yesterday so I'd say yes. Lazy River is only missing the mist inside the caves, and some TapuTapu effects along the banks.

What is Vol? Why is it considered and attractions while the other interactive touch points are not? Vol is the "angry fire spirit" that Krakatau imprisoned inside the Volcano. It will be the interactive area inside the volcano. Something along the lines of Mystic Fountain.

Are the interactive touch points all working yet? most of them? How much time do they really take up? No.

When do we expect the unfinished (messed up) stuff to actually be fixed? Soon. They've gotten a lot done in 10 days. A lot of water features and lights are on now. Cabanas near Honu Ika Moana may take a bit.

When do we expect the park to finally be open at night? Prob mid to late June.

I rode a few of the drop slides at Carowinds on Saturday and didn't have a problem with weight (I'm over 200lbs but not by much). I have a hard time believing that Uni is allowing this to be permanent.

Slides are fun, tho.

Technically, it is their third park. It's the third gate owned and operated by Universal. The difference between theme park and water park is a moot point beyond that.

Agreed. We're beyond that discussion now. If you feel tickled enough to continue it, please take it to the appropriate thread please.

Reactions: USO92
Any restrictions on swim trunks with plastic on them (like the drainage holes you see on pockets)? I know some parks prohibit them, afraid they'll scratch up slides

So do we think express is dead, as in for ever... or is this temporary until the crowds die down? I was really looking forward to using express in September when we had planned to go. We may end up not going at all if they don't have things together (literally and figurativel) by then.

Reactions: Joel
Question about parking in the Volcano Bay section of the parking garage. If you have a 2 park AP and have yet to upgrade to 3 park will they let you park for free in the VB lot or do you have to upgrade first then you get the parking free?