Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting that there is a $45 parking charge for Cabana Bay (and supposedly Sapphire too) for "Day Guest Parking", basically making it preferred parking for VB:

This is completely about people parking at Cabana Bay not for Cabana Bay. They made this change last week.

This is just a few steps away from Bill Davis personally chasing away guests parking at Cabana Bay for VB.

Theres one small thing that i've noticed alot, and that is the fact that there are exposed pvc tubes everywhere
I personally think that volcano bay would look alot better if they had coloured the pvc tubes in / under the slides.

That would explain why the girl got so confused when i came in just below 205 on Friday.

Last edited:
Kills me that parking (overnight guest) is cheaper at CBBR than it is at SF as the last time I stayed at SF, I was told CBBR uses SF's lot as overflow...I just find that funny.

They may be mean, but I never mentioned something I noticed on my last visit...I guess I noticed since I am diebtic, but they added sharps disposals to all the rest rooms.

I thought that was nice of them.

I don't think they would do this for wait times, most likely an issue with the ride system. But then again, who knows at this point. I'm 175 so no complaints here :box:

I don't think they would do this for wait times, most likely an issue with the ride system. But then again, who knows at this point. I'm 175 so no complaints here :box:
These are the slides where humans must stand on tiny trap doors that swing open rapidly on one hinged side. If the weight of the human exceeds the pressure that the tiny door can hold with only one hinged side then they must lower the weight limit, or risk injury, either to the human, or to the tiny trap door.

Other parks have 300 lb limit for the same tech. Unless adding a window to these doors messed up their strength resistance, (which I suppose is possible) not sure why the sudden change for this park and not others.

These are the slides where humans must stand on tiny trap doors that swing open rapidly on one hinged side. If the weight of the human exceeds the pressure that the tiny door can hold with only one hinged side then they must lower the weight limit, or risk injury, either to the human, or to the tiny trap door.

Other parks have 300 lb limit for the same tech. Unless adding a window to these doors messed up their strength resistance, (which I suppose is possible) not sure why the sudden change for this park and not others.

I'm betting it's more of the design of the ride after than the drop structure. Wasn't there a rumor posted about slide pieces already having problems? Reviews seem to indicate you get a lot of speed up on these. Combine those and maybe thats why they need to reduce the weight limit.

Reactions: Andysol
I'm betting it's more of the design of the ride after than the drop structure. Wasn't there a rumor posted about slide pieces already having problems? Reviews seem to indicate you get a lot of speed up on these. Combine those and maybe thats why they need to reduce the weight limit.
Yea, I guess that could be part of it. All I know is now I don't need an excuse to chicken out of these rides when I'm there. Oh sorry guys, can't ride, not allowed. Just over the limit. Darn. Oh well. (Don't let them see your terror about riding these slides. It's the park's fault, not your choice, hahaha.)

It might not be for safety reasons but for reliability till replacement parts come in.

No.

Reactions: Joel and Alicia
Yea, I guess that could be part of it. All I know is now I don't need an excuse to chicken out of these rides when I'm there. Oh sorry guys, can't ride, not allowed. Just over the limit. Darn. Oh well. (Don't let them see your terror about riding these slides. It's the park's fault, not your choice, hahaha.)

Yeah, I'll never get to ride it at 200. Even when I was dieting heavy the lowest I could ever get to was right at 200 and my mother asked me if I was sick or taking drugs. lol

Reactions: UNIrd and Ashhanbre
Yeah, I'll never get to ride it at 200. Even when I was dieting heavy the lowest I could ever get to was right at 200 and my mother asked me if I was sick or taking drugs. lol
200 is not that high, and definitely not obese, especially people 6 ft or taller. Hope this is temporary.

Does anyone know if the weight limits have been adjusted on the warnings signs? Or is this something just being said aloud, or maybe a temporary sandwich board is out?

Here's what it looked like last week:

weight-limit.JPG