Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Still losing money though. My bro wanted to go to Typhoon Lagoon when he heard the park was closed to capacity. Money going into Disney or Sea World's pockets instead of Universals. This is where keeping Wet N Wild through this summer would've been smart.

Every Day that WNW was open was another day the new hotels wouldn't be making money.

There were paint chips on almost every stair case when I went last week. Also, while waiting close to the top for Ko'okiri Body Plunge, there were many names sketched into the rock work at the last platform before the last set of stairs reaching to the top to slide. I'm not sure if they used their own nails or had a key in their pocket, but I was very shocked to see that people did this.

Universal was having trouble staffing Wet 'n Wild in 2016 because the park's closure had been announced, even though all of the team members would be transferred to other positions in Universal (including ultimately, Volcano Bay). I imagine it would be much worse if WNW had a swan song concurrent with VB's opening.

So the wave pool sign that lets you know what waves are running has stopped working and was stuck between wave symbols all day today.

The sign out front at night has all the letters lite up save the 'A' in 'bay'.

There was carpeting on one of the bridges now.

I'm planning on going to IOA and UO during the morning and at 2:30-3:00 going to VB. Can I buy the tickets on the spot or is that too late. It's raining all weekend so I don't want to buy tickets and then get rained on.

Disney and Universal are pretty good usually at stamping out grafiti or people etching their names in things pretty quick... I really never notice it in the Florida parks... The local amusement park in PGH (I know it doesn't have the money/manpower to complete with central Florida) is always filled with vandalism and it drives me crazy... I find it insanely disrespectful.

Hopefully Uni remedies it soon!

Hey me too! For September!

Been prepping my lunches all week and haven't drank booze in 11 days (which is a lot for me) -- trying to cut down....I wont be 200 for the two drop slides, but the Ko Okiri will be fine, and everything else.

Good luck!

Thank you sir! and good luck to you as well. It's a great thing to keep you motivated over the summer... kudos.. we got this.

Disney and Universal are pretty good usually at stamping out grafiti or people etching their names in things pretty quick... I really never notice it in the Florida parks... The local amusement park in PGH (I know it doesn't have the money/manpower to complete with central Florida) is always filled with vandalism and it drives me crazy... I find it insanely disrespectful.

Hopefully Uni remedies it soon!
A fellow Pittsburgh Younser. :thumbsup: Kennywood Park, great classic coasters.

Reactions: medic2
The Waturi people and the IKEA people are not that dissimilar. The Waturi are just more colorful.

4670872_orig.jpg

images
Universal has been known to use IKEA before:
delorean.jpg

You ask them what the deal with the fountains was?

Proslide is not allowed to discuss or even mention their involvement with Volcano Bay. Looks like Universal Creative wrote up quite the NDA with their suppliers! The only other thing I found out was that Murphy's Waves, a wave pool company from Scotland, designed the Action River at Volcano Bay.