Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Yea I was gonna say I remember Atlantis is unbelievably expensive. Looks like Value season adult is $129 and peak goes to like $166.

I honestly hope this backfires on them, because this is just straight up ridiculous. And I don't want to hear any excuses about crowding concerns and its a business, blah blah. This is just straight up wrong. How about getting rid of the bad idea that is Tapu Tapu and adding more water water slides in the park for capacity instead? For this price, they better start staying open later like the originally advertised.

I honestly hope this backfires on them, because this is just straight up ridiculous. And I don't want to hear any excuses about crowding concerns and its a business, blah blah. This is just straight up wrong. How about getting rid of the bad idea that is Tapu Tapu and adding more water water slides in the park for capacity instead? For this price, they better start staying open later like the originally advertised.
The point is they want to actively discourage 1 day tickets. They have the data already to tell them what they need to do. This is a data informed decision. There are other water parks in orlando that are a much better value for people not booking packages with universal. Volcano bay is not a much better water park than the others and certainly not at that price.

Yea I was gonna say I remember Atlantis is unbelievably expensive. Looks like Value season adult is $129 and peak goes to like $166.

Completely different experience. You're on the beach. There are animals, theming everywhere, awesome unique slides. Atlantis is luxury.

You see the ocean from the slides, not I-4.

Sorry for being so emotional in my post above. I went back to try and edit it but I was too late. I could have worded things better.

Sorry for being so emotional in my post above. I went back to try and edit it but I was too late. I could have worded things better.

You aren’t wrong to feel that way. We kick disney in the ass for these exact same practices- Universal shouldn’t get a free pass.

If disney reduces hours and raises prices- we all Say they should raise capacity through new attractions instead of raising prices to control crowding.

Now VB is doing the exact same thing. They have expansion plans in hand- ready to go. Yet they didn’t expand. They advertised about nighttime experience like no other. Yet they never delivered and closed before dark the majority of last year during peak season.

And I’m not railing on VB- I’ve said on here more than once it’s my favorite water park I’ve been to (been to both BB and TL). I went in January in the cold because I liked it that much when I went last summer. But what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
Your criticism is certainly valid Ash.

Couple things to mention:

• Universal apparently has been very happy with attendance and revenue, even with all the hiccups from opening.
  • Things are happening with the expansion.
This obviously seems like a move to control crowding. I'm not going to argue with anyone whether they feel the price is justified because everyone's view of value is going to be different. At this point, it also serves no purpose to complain about tickets at Universal or Disney. It's going to keep going up if people still pay. I know the old "if you don't like it, don't go" excuse is a cop-out, but it's ultimately the only thing that will cause the prices to reduce, or at least stop increasing.

Expecting it to go vertical before Universal even announces anything as per usual. Is there any plans to further modify Tapu Tapu? (I apologize I've been super out of the loop VB-wise)

I’m still surprised they went with an outside company for Tapu Tapu.

At some point, I expect them just to roll their own like Disney did. It’s a huge tech investment but they can customize the whole system to their liking.

Couple things to mention:

• Universal apparently has been very happy with attendance and revenue, even with all the hiccups from opening.
  • Things are happening with the expansion.
Of course they’re happy with attendance and revenue- how could they not be? The dang thing hit capacity every day by 9am. What more could they want? Hah

As for the expansion- the fact they hit capacity is why I’m surprised they didn’t do it. They would still hit capacity- but capacity would be even larger.

I like Tapu Tapu- they just need more things to do that don’t require it (or lower capacity- which they clearly wouldn’t want to do). They already have the most slides in Orlando- it’s just that it’s too good and popular of a park. The new area needs to be loaded to the gills with a combination of “anytime” slides as well as more Tapu Tapu slides/coaster.

I actually think @Disneyhead had the best idea of them all by saying they should incorporate live entertainment throughout the park. Some Polynesian dancers and other acts would truly separate it and give some of the crowds more things to do.
A stage at the new expansion certainly wouldn’t be a terrible idea. Know it won’t happen- but these are the types of things Uni should be thinking of to differentiate itself even further as well as add people eaters.