Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walking Dead Attraction: Stay or Go?

Do you believe TWDA should stay or go?

• Stay

• Go

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
From ushwaittimes, it seems this attraction is no longer open most of the day, yesterday I saw that it open in different increments, for example 45 minutes open and then a break in a constant cycle. Time to take this tired attraction out.

From ushwaittimes, it seems this attraction is no longer open most of the day, yesterday I saw that it open in different increments, for example 45 minutes open and then a break in a constant cycle. Time to take this tired attraction out.

This has been standard for the off peak season for the Daytime Mazes. Reason for it is that they only have 1 rotational actor crew on all day and these are their mandatory break and lunch times. Yes, a waste and not resort quality.

Sally Corp did push to get one made. Problem is, no theme park wanted it.

I can understand why. The sorts of parks (read: regional) that would purchase this equate "dark rides" with "family rides;" the "mature" experiences are typically derived from physically thrilling experiences like coasters. This is too bloody and intense for young children, so to them, they don't see a sufficient audience... not to mention, with dimensional animatronics (versus painted flats), it was likely quite expensive.

This one has to go. It's essentially a low budget haunted house attraction. It's not very scary and not all that interesting. I can't see this continuing on. There are better ways to use the space especially with the show fading quickly.

You guys are nuts if they think they're about to close an attraction that gets decent lines and has three feature films coming out from Universal Pictures.

You guys are nuts if they think they're about to close an attraction that gets decent lines and has three feature films coming out from Universal Pictures.

This is not the kind of attraction that would support 3 feature length films. They need to re-do it completely to expand the experience and make it an e-Ticket. It's not even in the top 10 haunted houses I have been to and those are temporary attractions, not a permanent attraction from one of the top theme park operators in the world.

I haven't yet been to HHN, but based on reviews HHN is amazing so why can't WD get the same treatment?

This is not the kind of attraction that would support 3 feature length films. They need to re-do it completely to expand the experience and make it an e-Ticket. It's not even in the top 10 haunted houses I have been to and those are temporary attractions, not a permanent attraction from one of the top theme park operators in the world.

There are three features forthcoming with the Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) character, all to be released by Universal. Universal is now directly invested in the franchise and won't be so quick to dismiss its already built attraction.

As for your criticisms about it not being a top 10 house, frankly, it doesn't matter. It's a quagmire of a project to begin with, because it can't be too scary to alienate the park's primary audience (tourists with children). There just isn't room to substantially expand the experience or make it an E-ticket... and of course, not everything has to be a headliner. You need filler attractions to round out a park.

There are three features forthcoming with the Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) character, all to be released by Universal. Universal is now directly invested in the franchise and won't be so quick to dismiss its already built attraction.

As for your criticisms about it not being a top 10 house, frankly, it doesn't matter. It's a quagmire of a project to begin with, because it can't be too scary to alienate the park's primary audience (tourists with children). There just isn't room to substantially expand the experience or make it an E-ticket... and of course, not everything has to be a headliner. You need filler attractions to round out a park.

I agree that it can't be too scary, but I have seen plenty of kids go to much scarier haunted houses. Perhaps they could expand and have a child friendly path and a scarier adult path? Other option would be to tone it down and really expand on the theme and develop it into something special. As it stands it doesn't make sense. It doesn't have to be e-Ticket, but it needs to be better than this.

It will be gone by 2020.

You placing a bet?

Honestly, if Universal wasn't distributing those 3 films; then I would say it's going sooner than later. However..the fact that Universal has now put in money towards the IP in a massive way with AMC, makes me think it will not only stay; but will recieve updates once the films come out.