Warner Media | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Warner Media

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney + and HBO Max have promised a tons of good content. Domestically here in the U.S., both Disney + and HBO Max are serious enough to compete with Netflix and possibly overcome their numbers of subscribers. I can't wait for HBO Max though, they have CN and Adult Swim, as well as horror movies and Looney Tunes.

It will be interesting how this will affect the DC Universe streaming service. It can't survive when HBO Max will have most of its library and a lot more variety.

I think you maybe misheard.

All existing HBO subscribers currently if they maintain service until May 2020 will automatically get HBO Max if they so chose to use it. That's why the starting number of subscribers is going to be so high because they are including the current HBO subscribers.

Existing HBO subscribers will get access at no extra charge.

Deadline and Seeking Alpha both have confirmed this.
Hmmm. I can’t find it again, but the article I read on it specifically said AT&T subscribers.

You don't. And HBO doesn't want you to anymore.

When you buy HBO through Comcast/Spectrum/Amazon/Apple, that company gets ~30% cut of the HBO subscription money. HBO is trying to take that 30% back.
AH. Gotcha. Now the whole game makes a lot more sense to me.

It will be interesting how this will affect the DC Universe streaming service. It can't survive when HBO Max will have most of its library and a lot more variety.

DC Universe is gonna get rolled into this. Surprised they haven't outright announced it with Doom Patrol already moving to the new service.