WaterWorld | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The size of WaterWorld itself is the size of the Showbuilding for Gringott's alone. There is no way they could fit a full Diagon in that spot without drastically scaling back, and altering the layout of the land.

Actually... this is not the first time I have heard this rumor... and also, yes, a scaled down version of Diagon Alley is what I had heard (along with DA going on the Lower Lot being the other location). Remember, our Hogsmeade will already feature a shop or two from Diagon Alley... The whole "too close to Hogsmeade" isn't exactly a good enough excuse to use when it comes to a park like USH that is short on expansion space.

In regards to show refurbishments, it doesn't matter when it comes to the big grand plan of what they want to do with the park. If we have anything to learn from Orlando, nothing is safe, and they have unused expansion areas not used yet (well.. KONG 360 2.0 used one of the expansion plots) and insist on replacing existing rides/attractions instead. As for shows though, (while a totally different kind of show, it still applies) Beetlejuice got a new (budget cut) show last year which included tech & lighting upgrades (along with new songs & choreography), yet they're closing that in January for "Supercharged 2.0".

Plans for DA here do exist... and they're looking at BOTH the Lower Lot & Waterworld area. If I remember correctly, it all depends on the outcome of WWOHP.... I'll see if anything has changed, but right now, its all an "I'll believe it when I see it" rumor.

Besides... as I said before, the only thing that should replace Waterworld is WB's other IP..... Mad Max!

Reactions: chris.g
As for shows though, (while a totally different kind of show, it still applies) Beetlejuice got a new (budget cut) show last year which included tech & lighting upgrades (along with new songs & choreography), yet they're closing that in January for "Supercharged 2.0".
Beetlejuice did receive a few minor upgrades, but surely you must admit that it pales against the substantial changes done to WaterWorld. Implementing a new truss system for audio, seating expansions, and modifications to the set are much more major than anything Beetlejuice received.

Reactions: chris.g and Aaron
Oh yea, I know. Beetlejuice was supposed to receive a lot more, but yay budget cuts. My whole point was that when it comes down to it, if they want to use that space in which Waterworld sits for DA or something else entirely.... they wont hesitate to bring in the wrecking ball to demolish it.

Oh yea, I know. Beetlejuice was supposed to receive a lot more, but yay budget cuts. My whole point was that when it comes down to it, if they want to use that space in which Waterworld sits for DA or something else entirely.... they wont hesitate to bring in the wrecking ball to demolish it.
My point was that one refurbishment seemed to have been performed as a stopgap, while the other was done with more intent.

This rumor dates back to the original debut of Wizarding World back in 2010. We'll see if it happens, but I have my doubts it'll be in the near term.

Reactions: Aaron
I've always believe that IF Scott Pilgrim was a huge hit, it would've been cool to see a 'battle of the bands' type show replacing Waterworld. All well!

Diagon Alley simply won't fit in the WaterWorld location, and would look like a tacked on afterthought next to Hogsmeade....
Daigon%20fit.png

With the current layout of Diagon Alley, it almost fits. With a modified layout, it could fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is ignoring so many critical things, but especially the fact that you can't just put Diagon Alley at the front of the park like that. It's horrifically stupid to do that from a pure crowds issue.
That could be said about anything that goes in the Waterworld location. Whether it be Nintendo, Lord of the Rings, or something else. Eventually something will take the place of Water World and draw crowds to the front of the park.

That could be said about anything that goes in the Waterworld location. Whether it be Nintendo, Lord of the Rings, or something else. Eventually something will take the place of Water World and draw crowds to the front of the park.
I'll disagree you on that Waterworld is very popular. Like the film or not, it has been a proven IP that has faired very (to extremely) well not just in USH, but USS and USJ. And with the possibility of WW even going to Beijing of any park (thank you, leaked blueprints), we have to think that Waterworld is for the long haul.

And with last years refurbishment/overhaul, that emphasizes that Waterworld will stay.

Reactions: Ryan
WaterWorld is also the most realistic and closest thing USH will ever have to a fireworks or lagoon water show, which is a staple in theme parks. It really rounds out the theme park experience. Guests are extremely impressed and satisfied by it. It's not going anywhere for a long time.

Reactions: Alexshow.
Also WaterWorld soaks guests in (pun intended) and dispenses them at set interval times everyday. Adding a new attraction there would throw that consistency way off, especially without that deep walkway passage that includes gigantic restrooms.

3 things to consider.

1. A Water World replacement is part of the Evolution plan
  2. As mentioned by another poster, there was a higher up that was in the park by Cartooniversal, mentioning that Cartooniversal will go away. It would seem to make sense that whatever replaces Cartooniversal tie in with whatever replaces Water World.
  3. They are transforming Special Effects into being the new stunt show of the park.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
[*]They are transforming Special Effects into being the new stunt show of the park.
Yes, you're right about it being a stunt show...however, these two stunt shows are connected. If one goes...the other might go at the same time. You'll see what I mean once the show debuts.

3 things to consider.

• A Water World replacement is part of the Evolution plan
  • As mentioned by another poster, there was a higher up that was in the park by Cartooniversal, mentioning that Cartooniversal will go away. It would seem to make sense that whatever replaces Cartooniversal tie in with whatever replaces Water World.
  • They are transforming Special Effects into being the new stunt show of the park.
Key word....evolution. The plan was and is constantly evolving and was just a guideline. A ton of new and upcoming projects weren't on the evolution plan. Stage 28 wasn't on there for example.

Cartooniversal going away is obvious, it's a sore thumb that needs to be redone to match the new neighboring stores and the look of the entrance. That has nothing to do with WaterWorld...

And SES having stunts soon is a silly comparison, they're on two different levels. That's like saying "We can demolish Transformers because Shrek also uses projectors." Apples to oranges.

Reactions: k_peek_2000
You're missing the point entirely. Your composition has the London façades/Diagon Alley entrance directly in the entrance pathway. Having a major land right in front of the park would be a logistical nightmare. As Allen mentioned above and Chris Lord who has said this countless times, the NBCUniversal Evolution plan is more of a guideline than an actual concrete plan. Whatever replaces WaterWorld in the (distant) future won't get rid of the pathway behind Feature Presentation/Hollywood Grill. I hate to bring this up so many times but Diagon Alley is 7 acres. WaterWorld is 2. It's not going in the Upper-Lot. 

Reactions: Alexshow.
I feel like for the type of attraction WaterWorld is, it's perfectly located. I would imagine that whatever eventually replaces it will also be a mass-capacity style attraction/show.

The show sucks up crowds while the show is going on. Once the show lets out, all those people dump out into the street at once causing major congestion. A major ride brings people in at all times of the day, and not just when a show is going on, causing a more steady stream of people going in and out