WaterWorld | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You know..what they should do is to keep a stunt show, but change it from Water World to something related to Jason Bourne, which is strangely underused, or just absent, at the parks.

This is my first post here. :)

What if they reworked the entrance to the WW theater so you could enter and exit from Hogsmeade? Then, the show could be redone as a stunt show themed around the triwizard tournament stunt show or something to that effect. Could add a needed third attraction to Hogsmeade, plus give USH a potter attraction that differentiates it from the other potter lands....

This is my first post here. :)

What if they reworked the entrance to the WW theater so you could enter and exit from Hogsmeade? Then, the show could be redone as a stunt show themed around the triwizard tournament stunt show or something to that effect. Could add a needed third attraction to Hogsmeade, plus give USH a potter attraction that differentiates it from the other potter lands....

Welcome to the forums!

That's actually not too far fetched of an idea, in my opinion. I'm not sure about a Triwizard Tournament show, but I could see them using WaterWorld as future expansion space for Hogsmeade at some point. If Diagon Alley does eventually come to another area of the park, WaterWorld could potentially be replaced by Hogsmeade Station as part of the Hogwarts Express attraction.

Universal Japan is doing a show in the Waterworld area themed to the anime One Piece (about pirates with special fighting powers for those who aren't familiar with it).  Kind of wish they would do that here in America.  It would be interesting to see.

I just noticed something pretty strange. On Universal Studios Wait times page Waterworld isn't on the main page. However, the Special Effects Stage is.

I'm pretty sure Waterworld used to be on there.

I just noticed something pretty strange. On Universal Studios Wait times page Waterworld isn't on the main page. However, the Special Effects Stage is.

I'm pretty sure Waterworld used to be on there.

It may have been on the main page, but I always thought it was on the "Shows" page. They probably have the ability to add/remove items on the main page pretty easily--e.g. extending park hours--in case they want to promote something specific.

What I did notice about Waterworld's show times today (Sunday, 4/24) is that the first show isn't listed until 2pm, even though the park opened at 9am. That's an irregular late first show time on a busy weekend. There's usually at least show before Noon, especially if the park is open at 9am. And this isn't a case of previous show times not displaying because they already happened. I first checked the times at 10am and again at 11am. I wonder if there are any technical issues with the show forcing early shows to be cancelled today. Or if it's a case of not wanting to bring in more cast and crew members to run performances all day long. Not a big deal, but I did find it unusual.

The past few times I've watched Waterworld... I have noticed how smokey the pyro is for the big plane entrance. And it is terrible... especially when you're dealing with such a big set that makes the stunt actors look tiny. I'd love for them to get NEW pyro that doesn't create so much smoke...

Also... it needs MORE pyro in general :p

Reactions: Dylan Beck
@Wesker69 Yeah. I believe (from my past visits) Waterworld has been doing a pretty poor job recently.  I say this because ever since Waterworld was refurbished, I've been able to spot big mistakes in every show I attend. Has anyone noticed a lack of show maintenance?, or am I just really lucky now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wesker69 Yeah. I believe (from my past visits) Waterworld has been doing a pretty poor job recently.  I say this because ever since Waterworld was refurbished, I've been able to spot big mistakes in every show I attend. Has anyone noticed a lack of show maintenance?, or am I just really lucky now. 

Do you think maybe it's because they plan on getting rid of it soon? Haven't heard anything but just a wild theory. 

Reactions: Dylan Beck
That is very plausible. And I love how I keep telling myself I'm going to watch the show from different spots, but always end up sitting in the center section. Then i'm too lazy to move.  :lol:  

I've watched the show a dozen times and the majority of them have been fine. Where are you getting this? What large show-stopping mistakes are you noticing, because I don't see them letting up on maintenance in any way.

Reactions: BernardMesa
@Freak Well the thing that amuses me is that every year, some random person leaves a rude comment on usually a YouTube video saying this is definitely the shows last year. And then they talk about how unsuccessful the movie was and everything. Haha the other day I read this long comment that was posted back in 2012. Whoever posted the comment was like 99% sure the show would go. However, you do have a really good point. Perhaps its about time.

Here's what I'm wondering: Whats going to happen to the other Waterworld shows if USH terminates their Waterworld stunt show?. Will this convince them to do the same?.

Here's what I'm wondering: Whats going to happen to the other Waterworld shows if USH terminates their Waterworld stunt show?. Will this convince them to do the same?.

Well Japan's opened in 2001 & Singapore's opened in 2010... so I'm sure they're safe. Besides, those park are run differently/separately anyway. Although... Japan did just lose BTTF so I guess anything is possible. It won't really affect those two parks that much if USH was to remove the show.

I just want more pyro... lol

@Freak Well the thing that amuses me is that every year, some random person leaves a rude comment on usually a YouTube video saying this is definitely the shows last year. And then they talk about how unsuccessful the movie was and everything. Haha the other day I read this long comment that was posted back in 2012. Whoever posted the comment was like 99% sure the show would go. However, you do have a really good point. Perhaps its about time.

I'm not sure how YouTube comments can dictate an attraction's closure...unless I'm missing something?

I'm not sure how YouTube comments can dictate an attraction's closure...unless I'm missing something?

I never said the comments would dictate its closure. I was just giving an example on how people have always said the attraction will close.

As a matter of fact: Greg Dolph (Waterworld the shows first official Deacon performer) stated in an interview by USH Today, that two years after Waterworld opened, it was already rumored to be closing.

I never said the comments would dictate its closure. I was just giving an example on how people have always said the attraction will close.

As a matter of fact: Greg Dolph (Waterworld the shows first official Deacon performer) stated in an interview by USH Today, that two years after Waterworld opened, it was already rumored to be closing.

Okay, could you explain the other comment you made about the show's quality?

@Jon  Yeah no problem. So when I usually watch the show, one of the main issues isn't the show control itself but surprisingly the Action Horizons stunt performers. Most of the time they seem to not be in character as much as they should. I have a feeling that Action Horizons isn't as picky as Universal used to be when hiring new performers. I have also seen some minor sound issues with the system a couple of times. However, this is rare. Something else I can point out is that Nighttime shows tend to experience more issues than daytime shows. Most of the issues regard the shows pyrotechnic effects. Here's something that really bothers me: When a performer is laughing or smiling in the middle of a fight scene. I recently went to USH and attended the first Waterworld show of the day and let me tell you, most of the pyrotechnics didn't go off. Helen's platform did not fall after she jumped off of it at the beginning. There was no seaplane effect, even though there was no wind and it was a beautiful sunny day. Guests where still being brought into the arena by employees 10 minutes into the show, which was extremely distracting.

Has anyone else here noticed any issues within the show that they would like to point out?

I have a feeling that Action Horizons isn't as picky as Universal used to be when hiring new performers.

No, the show's always been like that.

Guests where still being brought into the arena by employees 10 minutes into the show, which was extremely distracting.

That's not really a problem. Team members are encouraged to fill the overfill benches in the second section.

Fair points about the other errors, but I'd argue many of them aren't as show stopping as you portray.

Reactions: BernardMesa