1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

WB Dubai

Discussion in 'Other Worldwide Parks' started by GadgetGuru, Apr 26, 2017.

1. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

the closet we will get to a POV...the queue looks nice

2. SOCAL110

SOCAL110 Member

I like the queue.

Joker looks....Yeaaaaahhhhhhh.

You can't really tell much of the ride though.

3. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

I've seen better video production from my local high school. I can't believe Warner Brothers is okay with that video.

4. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Yikes.

From those few clips I can see of the ride, it looks nice. I don’t know if I would rate it higher than FJ though.

5. Tobias

Tobias Member

So while WB isn't allowing video shot on Knight Flight, there have been a couple reports giving their thoughts about it. Andrew Hyde did have this to say...

Now while Andrew said the small transition issues would only be noticeable by hardcore park fans, another person (Brent D) talked about his thoughts about Knight Flight and what he relayed doesn't sound like "small" transition issues.

Basically, Brent relayed that what prevents Knight Flight from being on par/better then FJ is the Kuka Arm goes into a neutral position between -every- scene. As he stated, it's the "RipRideRockit of darkrides". An for a high action darkride, flow/transitions are pretty important. So while overall it sounds like the ride is good, it's just missing the mark by a little.

Also, Andrew did also state that just like FJ, it can be argued that Knight Flight is not the best ride in the park as he felt the Justice League darkride is the best.

Coolbfitz, JMalez, malice and 2 others like this.
  6. darkshadow237

darkshadow237 Rookie

I just remembered that Universal has the theme park rights to Scooby-Doo in both Hollywood, and Orlando. So Universal could easily with make a deal with Warner Bros. to bring Scooby-Doo, and the Museum of Mysteries to Universal Studios Hollywood, and Orlando. Even if they add more classic villains for a more experience like a second portion of the ride.

7. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I think @Chris or @Brian G. could say it better..but I don't think Universal has the theme park rights to make attractions with those characters? I could be very wrong, but I'd assume if they would do something Scooby-related, it'd be made with UC directly.

8. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Not 100% - but I think I they can.

GadgetGuru and AlexanderMBush like this.
  9. darkshadow237

darkshadow237 Rookie

Because while the ride has the classic monsters, and villains like the Phantom Shadow, Redbeard’s Ghost, Elias Kingston, Spooky Space Kook, Captain Cutler, 10’000 volt ghost the second half could have other classic monsters, and villains like Miner 49er, the Ghost Clown, and the Tar Monster.

10. darkshadow237

darkshadow237 Rookie

Sorry for the double post, but I think Warner Bros World missed the opportunity to include a Warner Bros backlot area, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

11. quinnmac000

they are not allowed the WW. Universal exclusive with exception of the studio tour in London.

AlexanderMBush, Freak and Mad Dog like this.
  12. darkshadow237

darkshadow237 Rookie

Not really it only works if Universal has a theme park in the UAE. Plus the Warner Bros spectacular show has Harry Potter in it.

13. quinnmac000

14. AlexanderMBush

They had plans back in the day for Universal to be in Dubai, but that was during the GE/Vivendi period mostly.

Most likely, even if WB wanted too; UPR has an exclusivity cause that negates Warner Brothers from using the IP for their own branded parks that was established early on in the endeavor.

And that for the case of the Leavesden UK Tour, they are also attached to the WB London studio spaces; so like how Burbank has the opportunity to use the brand for showing off props and costumes, Leavesden has that also allowed.

15. AlexanderMBush

16. darkshadow237

darkshadow237 Rookie

Congratulations on them. If Universal & Warner Bros could make a deal to bring Scooby-Doo: The Museum of Mysteries to both Universal Studios Hollywood & Orlando which location would they fit easily unless you count Scooby-Doo replacing Barney. Warner Bros could also add it to Warner Parque Madrid to replace their current Scooby-Doo attraction.