Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WB Dubai

Forgot about this.

And on a note that I think should be mentioned, Lord of The Rings was used within the show, which would beg some questions to be asked.

Funny they put Wizard of Oz as the first movie clip of the entire thing.
I keep saying it- that IP needs to be in the new Uni Park.

Also, seeing Willy Wonka- could there be a more perfect boat/dark ride?

Funny they put Wizard of Oz as the first movie clip of the entire thing.
I keep saying it- that IP needs to be in the new Uni Park.

Also, seeing Willy Wonka- could there be a more perfect boat/dark ride?
I agree that Wonka and Oz are prime theme park material. However, if we were to get Oz in any form, I highly expect it would be Wicked.

Warner Brothers just licenses this stuff, then an investment group actually builds it. In the US the Warner characters are already licensed to Six Flags so you won't see anything like this open here.

Warner Brothers just licenses this stuff, then an investment group actually builds it. In the US the Warner characters are already licensed to Six Flags so you won't see anything like this open here.

Here's the question though that would be important, by what radius? Because in the instance of the MCAUniversal/Marvel contract, I thought it was said that it'd be at a certain limit of 30 to 40 miles?

I would think something similar would be on the cards, and that there could be a possible exclusion due to it being owned by Warner Bros themselves. It just varies on where it'd be located..

The FJ like intense ride The Batman: Knight Flyer was suppose to open in August. Now WB Dubai has removed it from their website completely.....i'm guessing system issues?

Also when you realize their other Justice League ride is a direct copy of spiderman even to the script.

Last edited:
Yeah, I fail to see how it's a direct copy of Spider-Man.

Honestly, I thought this used Trackless, similar to Ani-Mayhem & Scooby Doo.

I hope a clearer video comes out, as from what it Sounds like, it sounds great. And the moments of footage that aren't shot crappily, look great for an attraction of this scale.

If I ever am flying through Dubai, I’m officially making a layover just to see this park.

The reviews seem incredible. I can’t tell if that’s because the other Dubai parks have created low standards, but I really want to see this park.

Them saying the Scooby Ride is on par with Mystic Manor has me doubting their “better than FJ” claim, but I’m glad this park is good. Would love to get to it if I’m ever in Dubai
Yeah I agree but I’ll wait until I’m in Abu Dhabi myself though lol.

Joking aside they just said it had a ride similar to Spider-Man, a ride on par with Mystic Manor, and a better version of forbidden journeys ride system. Really? Those attractions huh? Yeah I’m not buying all this love.

I see this more along lines that its so shiny and new, wow so it has to be great. Oh and also thanks a lot for paying for the trip we will be sure to give you kudos in our article.

We need a Warner Bros. indoor theme park in California!

As of now, we don't have an indoor park in the state. A 30 acre WB park in SO CAL would be a major success IMO. Make it a cheaper alternative to Disneyland and watch the crowds flood the place. Yes, I know the market is saturated and mature, but there is still a need for an indoor theme park in the hot summer weather.

As a side note, as much as I love So Cal Attractions 360, I found their praise to be over the top. I'm sorry, but those lifeless wax figures in the Scooby Doo attraction look nowhere near Disney or Universal quality. Hell, they don't even look SF Battle for Metropolis quality. Overall the park looks great, but I felt they cut the budget on the AA's.

Joking aside they just said it had a ride similar to Spider-Man...

To give credit where credit is due, all they stated for Justice League: WarWorld Attacks is it's similar to Spiderman/Transformers. An considering all three rides are 4D Darkrides, they're not wrong in that assessment.

Now catching up with things that have been posted, JL: WA (from what you could see in that video) actually looks pretty decent. It does seem better paced then the Avengers ride at IMG, whereas that ride seemed to slog through the practical sets between screens, while JL briskly moves through them a la' Spiderman. I also appreciate this one looks to really go it's own route, instead of mimicking Spiderman's beats. (So I'm also in the boat that really doesn't see this as a copy of Spiderman at all.)

An with SC360 being there, I hope they were allowed to get videos of all the attractions they experienced. For while we've read Robert Nile's praise of the Ani-Mayhem! darkride, he wasn't allowed video at the moment. An of course I certainly want to see any footage of Knight Flight.

I saw a clip in Dynamic Attractions promo video with Batman and Joker featured on a FJ ride system. Is that at this park?

EDIT: Just saw the tweet get loaded. Looks really cool! Have to wait until a video arises to see if it looks on-par with FJ.

Well it looks like a POV shot by SoCal360 didn't happen for Knight Flight.

Interesting that they mention you can't wear your glasses on it, even though that's no issue for Forbidden Journey and that tosses you around pretty good!

Also, while I'll wait and see if SC360 got a video for Animayhem, I did find a pov of that darkride. Gameplay/style-wise, it's unfortunately in the same vein as Ghostbusters at Motiongate and the Amazing Ride of Gumball at IMG where you're just aimlessly shooting at the same random objects on the screen until they move you to the next one, rinse-repeat ad nauseum. However it is better then those two since it features physical targets which actually do something when you hit them. (Which Ghostbusters has none of that, and Gumball has physical targets which do nothing but give you points.) So while it's no Benno's Great Race at Ferrari World (Which looks to be the best shooting darkride in Dubai by a clear longshot), it does looks at least the best of the basic versions of this ride.