Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW 50th Celebration

- Projection mapping update for Peter Pan and Snow White
- Special merch
- Upcharge event (perhaps a 24 hour event again)
- Maybe a year long fireworks show

I mean a lot of what’s already been announced will be part of the celebration I just hope they do lots of cool small things too.

I mean a lot of what’s already been announced will be part of the celebration I just hope they do lots of cool small things too.
Yeah, they did a lot of small updates to older rides at DL for their 60th. I’m hoping for the same here.

I also am hoping for a new nighttime parade for MK, but I have a feeling it’s for naught.

At this point, all I ask is that they bring back the big mortar fireworks for A Galactic Spectacular at DHS.

Pretty please...
Never gonna happen since cars were literally being set on fire by the fall out and World Drive is too busy of a road to shut down.

Never gonna happen since cars were literally being set on fire by the fall out and World Drive is too busy of a road to shut down.
What? The whole purpose of the new launch site was for the large mortars. You’re telling me they didn’t take into account wind??

What? The whole purpose of the new launch site was for the large mortars. You’re telling me they didn’t take into account wind??
The new launch site has been a bit of a failure on the whole, but they also had no choice as the old fireworks launch site was where TSL now sits, so it had to move anyway. Launching across the street from the park, off-center and over top of what is essentially a highway within Disney property does not make for an ideal set up.

Paint the Night would be incredible

We will probably get something Pixar related if that happens though
Paint The Night is a great parade, but it debuted in 2014 at HKDL so it’s already going on 6 years old.

I know beggars can’t be choosers, but I would prefer a brand new parade over a clone of a parade that’s already been around for a bit.

50th Anniversary arches are looking nice. I like the color scheme a lot better than the outdated 90's design.
disney-world-entrance-arch-construction-western-way-11242020-4.jpg

50th Anniversary arches are looking nice. I like the color scheme a lot better than the outdated 90's design.
disney-world-entrance-arch-construction-western-way-11242020-4.jpg

The old color scheme screamed 90s. I don’t know if I’d call the new scheme modern though. It feels dated but in a different time period.