WDW 50th Celebration | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW 50th Celebration

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So: projection mapping the icons, and new outfits for Mickey and Minnie.

31ae41b31634e6ad98dd6968e286e464.gif

The proposed projections for AK and Epcot look fine, but I think I kind of hate what they're going with for Tower of Terror.

So they're adding projection mapping to SSE

Also, I hate that ToT is their icon for the park...I looks positively goofy during Christmas with the projection show
Not really projection mapping, more an advanced lighting package.

And I understand why people would prefer the Chinese Theater as the Studios icon, but it’s slightly less distinctive because there’s an actual Chinese Theater in Hollywood.

You know what would make a great projection surface at Studios? A massive Sorcerer Mickey hat...

Reactions: Legacy
Also, I hate that ToT is their icon for the park...I looks positively goofy during Christmas with the projection show

Just redo the Chinese Theater to whatever license they can get. Make it Carthay for all I care then use it for projections. Ugh.

They couldn't bother with anything beyond decorations? What about a date for Guardians? Tron? Star Wars: A LARP Story?

Congrats on projection mapping but they do it with nearly all of their nighttime events.

I feel like this is more aiming for "cool instagram crowd" than "themed entertainment," but I assume we're in the minority for what drives attendance.

Just redo the Chinese Theater to whatever license they can get. Make it Carthay for all I care then use it for projections. Ugh.
I think DHS is tapped out for now lol

Honestly, I was in favor of removing the hat because I thought the theater would become the centerpiece and forgot how massive the plaza is in front

They couldn't bother with anything beyond decorations? What about a date for Guardians? Tron? Star Wars: A LARP Story?
There’s still not a date for Velocicoaster and it is cycling, occasionally with people.

From a Marketing & Sales perspective, you’re going to hold your cannon fire for late 21 bookings until you have a better idea what the market looks like in post/late-stage Covid. Even though the calendar opened up, you’re not even thinking about firing your 22 domestic booking cannons for months even in a normal environment. International markets vary - normally you’d start thinking about your 22 UK booking cannons now because they have the longest lead time, but your wholesale partners like Virgin Holidays don’t even know how many of what type of plane they’ll be flying to Orlando and haven’t flown a single seat into the market in almost a year.

In other words, nobody should have expected anything other than a logo and some fluff today, and that’s what you got.

Reactions: MrBlonde
I love how my expectations plummeted for this, and yet they were still higher than what we're getting. It's funny because Disneyland folks tend to complain that WDW gets all the new stuff, but when it comes to the celebrations their's are way better.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover