Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Price Increase Thread

As a site dedicated to all the latest news & rumors regarding Orlando area and California theme parks - please remember that not everything posted in our forums should be taken as fact, or absolute. Discussions and posts on the forums are based on the opinion of the user and does not reflect the views of Inside Universal and its staff. Rumors should be considered as such until Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Universal Orlando, Universal Studios Hollywood, SeaWorld Orlando, or any other official outlet provides information stating otherwise. Any official announcements of future attractions and projects will be shared on our main site, InsideUniversal.net

As a site dedicated to all the latest news & rumors regarding Orlando area and California theme parks - please remember that not everything posted in our forums should be taken as fact, or absolute. Discussions and posts on the forums are based on the opinion of the user and does not reflect the views of Inside Universal and its staff. Rumors should be considered as such until Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Universal Orlando, Universal Studios Hollywood, SeaWorld Orlando, or any other official outlet provides information stating otherwise. Any official announcements of future attractions and projects will be shared on our main site, InsideUniversal.net
If this is aimed at me about my Ratatouille post, I was simply curious about the rumor. Not being snarky that it hasn't been announced, as it obviously hasn't. I haven't even heard it as a rumor so I am legitimately curious.

If this is aimed at me about my Ratatouille post, I was simply curious about the rumor. Not being snarky that it hasn't been announced, as it obviously hasn't. I haven't even heard it as a rumor so I am legitimately curious.
Not at all, I was absolving myself

I'm just crossing my fingers that one of our major Rewards programs in Canada (Air Miles) keeps selling WDW tickets (5 and 7-day base)! I can get a 5-day ticket for 5100 miles (or 4500 miles when they have the Cdn Resident Rate on). Those amount of miles don't sound very high, but at a rate of 95 miles = $10...it's an effort to save for.

Well worth it with the exchange on top of everything else!

What's the ceiling on a 1-day ticket? I find it hard to believe one doesn't exist. But, I thought the ceiling was < $140. Could they get as high as $200?

What's the ceiling on a 1-day ticket? I find it hard to believe one doesn't exist. But, I thought the ceiling was < $140. Could they get as high as $200?
I think we'll see one-day tickets approach $200. The whole point of one day tickets these days is to either make a bunch of money off of you in one shot or to make the longer stay tickets look like a "good deal".

Well i must admit im a first time annual pass holder for disney after my trip last week. Letting me use the discover disney ticket towards the down payment of the annual pass plus parking towards it sold me, i was blown away and couldn't say no. Single day tickets are a thing of the past for me.

We keep going deeper and deeper levels of who can Disney screw to create value for x group. But the weirdest part is that Disney is raising prices on tickets for everyone while crushing on site guests with the same increases or worse considering some packages need to include non discounted tickets for the benefit of increasingly useless extra magic hours and parking fees as they build more rooms. You would figure they would actually raise ticket prices for off site guests to this extreme and discount on site guests to create value. The level of greed has reached a point where extracting maximum value on the short term is more important than any kind of long term planning as long as they want to screw everyone at once. Given recent increases the annual pass has started to sound like a deal again.

So if Disney likes up-charging for "peak" periods....why don't they charge less when the park closes early for premium events? Neither Disney or Universal seem concerned with the quality of experience vs. the $$$ charged for admission. Did Universal charge full-day prices last weekend when both parks closed at 6:00pm?

So if Disney likes up-charging for "peak" periods....why don't they charge less when the park closes early for premium events? Neither Disney or Universal seem concerned with the quality of experience vs. the $$$ charged for admission. Did Universal charge full-day prices last weekend when both parks closed at 6:00pm?

Of course they did and always have, even during HHN. So does Disney when they kick you out for any of their parties.

I see the GGH podcast has spread some.

I’m of the opinion no park should close before 8pm, but if the Universal parks do close early they also open early.