Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Price Increase Thread

At least Universal isn't as bad as they were a couple years back. They now have significantly more late closings. WDW, on the other hand, has cut hours (except for AK with Pandora), especially at MK. And, EMH also is nearly extinct.

Disney has so many on site guests these days every park should probably have an an extra magic hour pretty much daily. But that would only happen if Disney cared about guest experience these days.

At least Universal isn't as bad as they were a couple years back. They now have significantly more late closings. WDW, on the other hand, has cut hours (except for AK with Pandora), especially at MK. And, EMH also is nearly extinct.

Literally. I plan my trips around them and there are literally none this year that aren't on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Good news is... I don't have to stay on-site anymore and can use that money elsewhere.

I remember the days when MK used to stay open until 12am for regular park guests and 3am for EMH. There would be EMH every night, too. Wasn’t that long ago, honestly... they’ve phased it down quick ever since MM+ was introduced.

I remember the days when MK used to stay open until 12am for regular park guests and 3am for EMH. There would be EMH every night, too. Wasn’t that long ago, honestly... they’ve phased it down quick ever since MM+ was introduced.

I always remember the MK being open till 1am every day during summer. It wa s always the best time to visit. Stay at the pool during the day and the parks were dead at night.

Hell, I didn’t release that The station for Splash Mountain was outside until my 18th trip.

Yeah. Just a few years back. Amazing how much the WDW philosophy changed, for the worse.

And then the Fire Nation attacked

And by Fire Nation, I mean someone realized they could be charging extra and cut hours at the same time

Magical

Interesting concept...may actually help morning/rope drop crowds for people that are more concerned with getting a bargain. On the downside afternoons will likely be even more unbearable then they currently are.
Egg-zactly.. what quality of life are you gonna have at Disney arriving mid-day. And it's only like 25%off. Definitely not appealing at least to me. I just think it's very odd to be happening this time of year halfway through december at that.

Last edited:
This seems aimed at people who would otherwise be buying a one park pass for whatever reason, or the families that like to sleep in and don't show up to the park until late anyway (which there's a market for). Even at a 25% savings or so, say a family of four bought this for a 4-day park hopper option (saving ~25% per person). The total savings would come out around $320+ in savings for a family that doesn't normally go early enough to justify the extra cost.

That's a decent savings.

I've never been a rope dropper so I could see where this could be a great value for some

Also, I think this a very...timely...move from Disney
Clearly they realize that their prices are getting exorbitant so this is a way to usurp that. It'll be interesting if this creates a noon rope drop of sorts. I could see mornings becoming a lot more manageable now if this ticket is popular.

So Disney does in fact slash their prices, back off from their price increases.
Well, not really because to get this discount, you are at a severe disadvantage for the day and don’t even get the full day on the park. They haven’t lowered their price, but added a new option.

There are a lot of folks that don’t set foot into the park until after noon anyway. So I see the market. Personally I like to get to the park early and leave just before 2, then head back for dinner/nighttime shows. I wonder how this will effect the night time crowds.