WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I bit noteworthy here- Victoria & Albert’s is now a Michelin star restaurant for the first time.

It was received 5 stars year in and year out by various notable publications, but has never received an honor as high as being awarded a Michelin star.

5 diamond despite not having a lounge... definitely some rule bending there.

I always get a chuckle out of Michelin rated restaurants literally being the tire company, because why not :lmao:
I do too, but people who don’t know better or want to brag look at it as a big thing.

Mostly it’s the restaurant itself that really gets excited about it bc then they can say they based on ratings from professionals, they are the best in Orlando and one of the best in Florida. At least based on awards.

Reactions: IzzyB
5 diamond despite not having a lounge... definitely some rule bending there.

I always get a chuckle out of Michelin rated restaurants literally being the tire company, because why not :lmao:
I mean, it's a pretty cool history.

I'm never going to one, but the idea of these restaurants is pretty cool/romantic.

I mean, it's a pretty cool history.

I'm never going to one, but the idea of these restaurants is pretty cool/romantic.
Oh definitely - the history makes a lot of sense, it's just the notion of potentially the most prestigious award for a restauranteur to win being given out by a person in an inflatable tire suit that elicits the chuckle.

Same, I struggle to justify spending that much on a single meal - closest I've been is to the sister restaurant next to a one star.

I bit noteworthy here- Victoria & Albert’s is now a Michelin star restaurant for the first time.

It was received 5 stars year in and year out by various notable publications, but has never received an honor as high as being awarded a Michelin star.
Still incredibly noteworthy, but the 5 Diamonds is front of the house, a Michelin star is back of the house. (Source: was having drinks with a V&A trained server not last night.) Not really a "higher" honor per se but good to see the culinary team get their flowers as well as the servers.