WGA & SAG Strike of 2023 | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

WGA & SAG Strike of 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What a pompous ass. This strike is a peak demonstration of class warfare. Eat the rich, y'all.

Glad you weighed in Bob. I'm really interested in your further thoughts on disruption. Is it "disruption" to refuse to negotiate until writers are forced out of their homes? You say you're concerned about support workers and how the strike is hurting them. Why are you refusing to negotiate until October then?

Reactions: Grabnar

They are so hilariously, cartoonishly, Blofeldedly out of touch.

Every company we all work for would do the same in a heartbeat. Every one of these moments of solidarity leads us closer to a general strike to reclaim some of that “lost” (read: Stolen) productivity.

1689277606584.png

I hope SAG and WGA get exactly what they’re owed because without the hard work of these people, and many others not included here, the studios would not exist. May the fat cats choke.

So with Sag now striking starting Friday, Studios will have to talk to them earlier then October right?

So with Sag now striking starting Friday, Studios will have to talk to them earlier then October right?
It depends on how much of these costs they're willing to eat to prove a point. They're burning down probably a year or two's worth of profits to try and crush a burgeoning labor movement. We'll see what ends up happening, but ultimately the studios need labor to make films. They may try and hire scabs or offshore to some countries, but I doubt it.

What a pompous ass. This strike is a peak demonstration of class warfare. Eat the rich, y'all.

This is certainly...a take. Probably should have just kept this one at "no comment".
Watching a clip of the interview is even worse, the reporter asks him point blank "How are they not?" (Being realistic), and Bob literally says he can't. If you're slinging out that this whole strike is disturbing and those on strike aren't being "realistic", and you can't even say WHY, that is a horrible look, Bob.

Besides the whole A.I. debacle, something I think is disturbing is studio's recent trend of completely removing media, so they don't have to pay residuals to anyone that worked on the film/show etc. And that's something Diz has been doing, especially on D+.

Bob is just used to the WGA and SAG taking less than they deserve so them fighting for more is insanity to him. The WGA and SAG have flat out come out and said a deal that may be acceptable in past years is no longer good enough. They are fighting to not be taken advantage of anymore.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Grabnar
Imagine the NFLPA actually did that and said, "we're not playing until you figure stuff out for the actors and writers". It would take less than 48 hours to come to an agreement because the country would be up in arms.

It won't happen, but it's fun to think about.
I mean, if a UPS Strike and a Teamster strike happen, it would be the fashionable thing to do.

Some People ( including Ron Perlman ) were saying that he also said this as well or something? Well Ron didn't mention names, but on Twitter other people did?

Now do Zaslav. He made $247M last year. That's more than 9x of even what Iger made last year. The greed is insane, maybe learn to spread some of that money around.

Also, the "Your Hairline Is Unrealistic" sign had me rolling :lol:

Also, if you want to help keep writers/actors from "losing their homes", you can donate here. If you choose to donate, make sure to click "Support Film & Television Workers" when donating:

Last edited: