WGA & SAG Strike of 2023 | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

WGA & SAG Strike of 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I loved Ms. Marvel as well. One of my favorite MCU shows. Problem is I’m not much of a fan of Brie’s portrayal of Captain Marvel so far. Not a hater, just… meh.
I think she’s okay, all the drama around here that people kinda created was not deserved
that movie is cursed or something.

blue beetle sends his regards
blue beetle apparently is really good and probably would have done good but they killed it with it going to video in September already

I think she’s okay, all the drama around here that people kinda created was not deserved

blue beetle apparently is really good and probably would have done good but they killed it with it going to video in September already
I think it was undeserved as well and sexist. But I still at the same time am not the biggest fan of her performance. She’s a great actress so I expect better I guess.

Reactions: Grabnar
I love her on interviews and she's really funny and cool on her personal blogs, brie is really funny and silly with jokes. I really love her.
But captain marvel was completely the opposite. Too serious. Hopefully the new movie sees to have good comedy.

Potential SAG-AFTRA Interactive Media (Video Game) Strike looming as they have authorized a strike. Voting will take place by the members from September 5 to September 25.

Much like the WGA and SAG strike, this would mainly be over AI and wages.

Last edited:

This is what you get when a content company stops making content. I hope this will prompt them to neogotiate to get things made now vs. trying to outsource jobs to AI in the future.
That story just reeks of the AMPTP trying to sway public opinion to their side.

Reactions: Michael S
Big company loses money because the company doesn’t want to adequately pay or give protections surrounding AI to the writers or actors.

Cry me a river.
They do not deserve sympathy and WBD of all the studios since their merger, hasn't been able to generate much profits at all. Last quarter they lost over 1.2 billion. Now this is the latest excuse they have for investors.

Looks we got our first returning talk show:

I get the frustrations on both sides of the picket line here. Barrymore has made it clear that she stands with the WGA and it can be seen as a betrayal, but at the same time, there are other crew members who rely on production (cinematographers, electricians, directors, etc.) and have nothing to gain from a continued hiatus.

Looks we got our first returning talk show:

I get the frustrations on both sides of the picket line here. Barrymore has made it clear that she stands with the WGA and it can be seen as a betrayal, but at the same time, there are other crew members who rely on production (cinematographers, electricians, directors, etc.) and have nothing to gain from a continued hiatus.
I’m Local 728 and stand strong with WGA but… if I got the call to work this show I definitely would take it. We’re all hurting bad the deeper it goes and this technically doesn’t violate the strike.

Conan O’Brien did something similar during the 07-08 strike and it was for a good reason: the show’s crew needed their jobs back.

It will be interesting, however, to see who will come on the show. With SAG on strike, they won’t be promoting new projects.

Some fun updates:

I’m Local 728 and stand strong with WGA but… if I got the call to work this show I definitely would take it. We’re all hurting bad the deeper it goes and this technically doesn’t violate the strike.

Conan O’Brien did something similar during the 07-08 strike and it was for a good reason: the show’s crew needed their jobs back.

It will be interesting, however, to see who will come on the show. With SAG on strike, they won’t be promoting new projects.
I literally not understand why they are attacking Barrymore. Shows like the VIEW arent being attacked. Makes no sense.

Some fun updates:

We may finally be rid of 9-1-1 Lonestar

Reactions: Jake S