What do you shoot with? | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can I just ask people here, what do you do with your cameras whenever you get on rides ? I really want to bring a good camera with me but its just me and my boyfriend so what would we do with the camera?

This is what we do :thumbs:

Big Thunder by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Really just depends on what park you are going to. Disney is great for photographers with allowing cameras on just about most of the rides. Universal has a somewhat different policy when it comes to photo taking on rides. I will use a locker at Uni unless my wife and kids are with us, in that case I put my stuff in the stroller.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI,

I'm selling my Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens and its in like new condition. I have the original box, manual, and even the receipt from Best Buy where I purchased it. It's selling on Amazon for $89 and up for used and around $110 New.

I'm selling mine for $80. PM me if interested please. I'm gonna list it on Amazon in a couple of days so if interested act quickly. Thanks!

Waffles included? :lol:

Seriously though, that's a great deal for anyone looking for a lens like this

What good quality camera would you recommend for a uni student starting in september ? (that just so happens that I would take with me to orlando to use before uni) ???? willing to spend £200 / $300 ?

BTW amazing photo Hockeyman55

Oh and by uni I mean university haha

Last edited:
jorbri66;317694 what good quality camera would you recommend for a uni student starting in september ? (that just so happens that I would take with me to orlando to use before uni) ???? willing to spend £200 / $300 ? BTW amazing photo Hockeyman55 Oh and by uni I mean university haha[/QUOTE said:
You will be hard pressed to find a DSLR type camera for $300 or less with a lens. Check on Ebay, you may come across some older model cameras that are still a step above a point and shoot

Problem:
When on my haunt tour I took my Sony A37 with the DT 1.8/35 SAM lens and found the lens to more narrow than I would like, or could really use.
Question:
For HHNs/HOS house, and scare zone shooting.
Which size lens, would I want the 50mm?

Last edited:
You want a wider lens right?

Yes, I would like to be able to take pictures of "rooms" the lens I have I have now is really only good for people/ portraits.

- - - Updated - - -

Sony a37 1.8/35
DSC00885_zpse813fa62.jpg

Sony super zoom
DSC07515.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I would like to be able to take pictures of "rooms" the lens I have I have now is really only good for people/ portraits.

With the crop factor of our APS-C sensors the 35mm you have is really shooting closer to 50mm. You go out and shoot with a 50mm and it will be closer to 75mm and wont be able to get anything in frame :lol: This is a tough situation your in since you are looking at something wide and in low light. For example, the 8mm fisheye I shoot with is great for wide shots but only goes up f/3.5 so not the greatest for low light handheld, the width is perfect though.

There is a Tokina that is 11-16mm f2.8 that might possibly work but lose 1-1/3 stop.

http://www.amazon.com/Tokina-AT-X-D...8&qid=1375381070&sr=8-6&keywords=tokina+11-16

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sony a37 1.8/35
DSC00885_zpse813fa62.jpg

Sony super zoom
DSC07515.jpg

What was the distance on the super zoom?

With the crop factor of our APS-C sensors the 35mm you have is really shooting closer to 50mm. You go out and shoot with a 50mm and it will be closer to 75mm and wont be able to get anything in frame :lol: This is a tough situation your in since you are looking at something wide and in low light. For example, the 8mm fisheye I shoot with is great for wide shots but only goes up f/3.5 so not the greatest for low light handheld, the width is perfect though.

There is a Tokina that is 11-16mm f2.8 that might possibly work but lose 1-1/3 stop.

http://www.amazon.com/Tokina-AT-X-D...8&qid=1375381070&sr=8-6&keywords=tokina+11-16

- - - Updated - - -

What was the distance on the super zoom?

Yeah that lens is a little out of my price range, ouch!

The Sony Cyber Shot HX100 that has a 30x zoom
Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonar T Lens with 27mm equivalent wide angle lens and 30x Optical Zoom
The high-performance Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonar T lens with 30x optical zoom lens brings distant subjects closer for video recording as well as for outdoor, sports, and travel photos, and Close Focus shoots close-ups up within a ½-inch of the subject. A 27mm equivalent wide-angle lens allows you to take wider shots of the scene or group in crowded spaces.

Yeah that lens is a little out of my price range, ouch!

The Sony Cyber Shot HX100 that has a 30x zoom

So the cyber was shot around 27mm correct? That isnt too much of a difference from the 35mm but still something. The problem you will face looking for a new lens to fit what you need is that as the lens and aperture get wider so will your wallet :lol:

Reactions: Octobers Fade
Here is an example of the same scene pretty close to the same angle to show you the difference of the 50mm vs 35mm. I borrowed the photo from HTF (Hope you dont mind :wave:) His is the first one and shot at 50mm, not sure if he cropped it or not so if he did this post is useless :lol:

This one is mine shot at 35mm. I started out with the 50mm when I got in photography but found it didn't give me nearly enough in frame that I wanted. I would love something wider than a 35mm around f/1.8 or f/1.4 but not in the budget for that just yet. If I go full frame and stick with a 35mm it would be like us shooting around 24mm-ish

Last edited:
Here is an example of the same scene pretty close to the same angle to show you the difference of the 50mm vs 35mm. I borrowed the photo from HTF (Hope you dont mind :wave:) His is the first one and shot at 50mm, not sure if he cropped it or not so if he did this post is useless :lol:

This one is mine shot at 35mm. I started out with the 50 but found it didn't give me nearly enough in frame that I wanted. I would love something wider than a 35mm around f/1.8 or f/1.4 but not in the budget for that just yet. If I go full frame and stick with a 35mm it would be like us shooting around 24mm-ish

Not being at all familiar with the ride, honestly never rode it, is there only one set distance from that scene?

That is quite a bit of difference.
I just found inside the haunts I just couldn't seem to get far enough back to get the whole room, or a wall, in a frame like I can with P&S.

Not being at all familiar with the ride, honestly never rode it, is there only one set distance from that scene?

That is quite a bit of difference.
I just found inside the haunts I just couldn't seem to get far enough back to get the whole room, or a wall, in a frame like I can with P&S.

HTF was a little more to to the left in his shot but the distance of the car should be close between the two.

Something wider is up your alley for sure. When you do the tours how is the lighting usually? From that one picture it looks pretty bright so you might be able to get away with f/2.8 and find something wide that isnt as pricey as the one I showed you.

Not cropped by the way, that shot was just cleaned up a little bit :thumbs: Mike always use when you need to. :wave:

HTF was a little more to to the left in his shot but the distance of the car should be close between the two.

Something wider is up your alley for sure. When you do the tours how is the lighting usually? From that one picture it looks pretty bright so you might be able to get away with f/2.8 and find something wide that isnt as pricey as the one I showed you.

Sometimes its just a lights on tour and other times its full show/haunt lighting which as we know is mostly dim at best.

Some of the shots I was able to get with the lens.

DSC00875_zps98d187af.jpg

DSC00870_zps5aef488e.jpg

DSC00868_zps26e0911a.jpg

DSC00855_zpsa7f595f3.jpg

DSC00854_zpsb1e9f803.jpg

DSC00851_zps4cfb1f31.jpg