What Does IOA Need? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

What Does IOA Need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
Agreed with the Mt. Crumpit idea. I actually have a topic laying around here focused on the idea.

For JP, two rides with a disaster occurring wouldn't be the best idea. It gives the idea that the island of Jurassic Park is just completely messed up, story wise. One ride with a deadly mistake is good enough.

Marvel Superhero Island: NEVER GET RID OF IT unless it is forced upon. Digital screens for Spidey like others have mentioned. Let's get a crazy THOR ride! I think a dark ride would fit it well. People say too many dark rides is a repetitive and stupid idea for the theme parks but if they all have their own style and uniqueness, why not?! THOR could make for a sick ride.

Agreed with the Mt. Crumpit idea. I actually have a topic laying around here focused on the idea.

For JP, two rides with a disaster occurring wouldn't be the best idea. It gives the idea that the island of Jurassic Park is just completely messed up, story wise. One ride with a deadly mistake is good enough.
If you've seen the movie I think it's pretty obvious that JP is in fact messed up. The whole movie is one Dino getting loose after another.

If you've seen the movie I think it's pretty obvious that JP is in fact messed up. The whole movie is one Dino getting loose after another.

mv5bndg1otuyndkxnv5bml5.jpg

All because some rival company and this guy wanted some DNA. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
mv5bndg1otuyndkxnv5bml5.jpg

All because some rival company and this guy wanted some DNA. :rolleyes:

Not just because, it was also a Frankenstien story. meaning nature is nature and there is a limit to where we can go with science until we are playing God. That was the overall theme of the book and movie besides a great adventure story/film.

That being said JP with Trike coming back is really a complete and full experience. Discovery Center, Camp Jurassic, River Adventure and Trike Encounter. Lots to spend time on.

What I would not mind seeing as an added minor attraction in years to come as potter hype dies down would be to see something small squeaze in Toon Lagoon. I am aware there is virtually no room but a Splah Battle type of ride with unique elements would be a perfect fit. Especially with lots of theming and interactive dark ride element tunnel or two that squirts back. They can put it at the Entrance of Hagrid the Horrible's entrance to the one shop and make that the indoor themed queue for it and lead it out near the lagoon.

A minor ticket that would be great for the family.

For anyone wondering what type of ride a river battling one is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPZKp4z8-bk

Last edited:
Poseidon needs his original storyline back.

JP needs Trike back.

The Arabian part of LC needs an overhaul. I'm still pushing for all-Greek.

Repaint Hulk, DC, and Cat.

EDIT: To add to the JP dispute, if you watch a television special called Total Immersion, Mark Woodbury said they designed Jurassic Park at IOA as if John Hammond had a second chance. JP should be more success than failure.

IOA needs to make money. 9/11 sent the parks into a tailspin... just when Uni and all the parks were getting back on track, Disney created Magical Express (read, Magical Prison Resort). It was brilliant and a big body slam to Universal. WW is a big start... but Uni must go further and quickly, and I believe they are yet I have no proof of this.

Marketing will make or break a resort. Locking them on property as Disney did is near impossible for Universal despite it's superiority in it's arena. I am glad that it is not my problem as it is a tough one.

They need to create a value priced resort first off in order to compete with the more moderately prices hotels on Disney property, and Secondly, they need to create a transportation system to get them from the hotel to the UO parks, and between, USF, IOA, WnW, SW and Aquatice they have 3 parks and 2 water parks owned under the same umbrella that could very well compete with the 4 Disney parks and 2 water parks for a vacation.

Not to mention City Walk > Downtown Disney for night time activities. WHAT UO (not IOA only) NEEDS IS A NEW MARKETING DEPARTMENT, and They need to create something viral to get peoples attention

I would love it if they could place a show building behind 8th Voyage of Sinbad and put in a Mythology ride based on all the creatures and stories, Hades showed us that Universal can pull this theme off in an amazing way, just subtract the scary, and you have a great ride that fits LC perfectly.

I would love it if they could place a show building behind 8th Voyage of Sinbad and put in a Mythology ride based on all the creatures and stories, Hades showed us that Universal can pull this theme off in an amazing way, just subtract the scary, and you have a great ride that fits LC perfectly.

There's not enough room back there unfortunately. UOR suffers from being so crammed into a small area.

I'd like to see good nighttime shows at both parks on alternating nights. And I don't give a crap what the locals think about it.

There's not enough room back there unfortunately. UOR suffers from being so crammed into a small area.

I'd like to see good nighttime shows at both parks on alternating nights. And I don't give a crap what the locals think about it.

I agree they chose to live there, so they can deal with it. Being the IOA freak I am, I would love to hear the sounds of a nightime show everynight, but there always has to be someone to complain.

Last edited:
I think it would be a great idea if universal had an after hours event in the wizarding world for 1500 to 2000 guests per night.

-have special show(s).
-free food and drink.
-little to no wait on attractions in the wizarding world.
-snow,atmosphere characters in the village and forbidden journey queue.
-personalized olivanders experience. (being alone in the shop with a chance to see almost all effects)
-Triwizard celebration in 3 broom sticks free flowing butter beer Live music LOTS of atmosphere characters.

I think it would be a great idea if universal had an after hours event in the wizarding world for 1500 to 2000 guests per night.

-have special show(s).
-free food and drink.
-little to no wait on attractions in the wizarding world.
-snow,atmosphere characters in the village and forbidden journey queue.
-personalized olivanders experience. (being alone in the shop with a chance to see almost all effects)
-Triwizard celebration in 3 broom sticks free flowing butter beer Live music LOTS of atmosphere characters.

I think I've talked about before, but over the summer I was at a Harry Potter convention, and got into an after-hours event from 10(An hour after the Park Closed)-1 am.
There were only 1700 people, and trust me, the lines were anything but short, especially Ollivander's. Although there was free Butterbeer, dessert and food, as well as a DJ. Personally, I still wish I had taken a picture of the Three Broomsticks waitors oing the Thriller dance. But all in all, although that would be nice, some things you're saying is pretty hard to do, especcially the small lines and the personalized Ollivander's experience.

I have one request. On the left of Mythos there is a path that goes through some rock formations, over a bridge to Mythos' patio.
There is a spot on the bridge at which you should be able to see the giant trident between two rock formations. This was obviously designed this way purposefully. Unfortunately, a tree has grown over the years to completely block this awesome view. Here is the spot as seen a couple weeks ago:
IMG_4746.JPG

I'm tempted to bring pruning shears into the park and do it myself!