Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
There is no reason for anyone to step into the Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoopendus except to look at the theming. I'm not sure I'd feed that food to starving children in Africa, much less theme park guests (or poor suckers who fell for the Universal Meal Deal). Same goes with Comic Strip Cafe!

Circus McGurkus is actually okay from my experiences. One of the better places to eat in my opinion ESP with Meal Deal. Comic Strip Cafe, well that's a different story.

There is no reason for anyone to step into the Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoopendus except to look at the theming. I'm not sure I'd feed that food to starving children in Africa, much less theme park guests (or poor suckers who fell for the Universal Meal Deal). Same goes with Comic Strip Cafe!

I love circus, might be nostalgia blindness but I go there every trip, the spaghetti and meatballs are delicious and the theming is seriously the best in its field. I mean who doesn't want to eat in a circus carriage while sneelock is doing trapeze with a ton of Seuss monsters, a walrus is balancing on balls with one wisker AND the trolley train ride goes through it. It's quite the place and I suggest it to all of you if you haven't been already. I'd eat there over mythos any day I SAID IT!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Me and my friend walked into Comic Strip Cafe on our last trip and he was like "Holy Theme Park Cafeteria Basicness.." :lol: We had never been in there before and, even though it's very nicely themed...yeah. It makes no sense to pay $10 for anything there when Mythos is maybe a few bucks more.

Yeah do not eat the Chinese platter at the CSC after riding Popeye, you'll die. Try blondies instead, the Dagwood is my jam. Most underrated restaurant in the resort

I love circus, might be nostalgia blindness but I go there every trip, the spaghetti and meatballs are delicious and the theming is seriously the best in its field. I mean who doesn't want to eat in a circus carriage while sneelock is doing trapeze with a ton of Seuss monsters, a walrus is balancing on balls with one wisker AND the trolley train ride goes through it. It's quite the place and I suggest it to all of you if you haven't been already. I'd eat there over mythos any day I SAID IT!!!!!

I'm with Cole on this one, except for the Mythos bit. Circus McGurkus is so nice to look at and the food isn't bad at all, especially the fried chicken meal.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah do not eat the Chinese platter at the CSC after riding Popeye, you'll die. Try blondies instead, the Dagwood is my jam. Most underrated restaurant in the resort
Funny thing, we eat at Circus everytime we go because of the atmosphere. It's the second best theme park atmosphere for a quick eatery at least in the Orlando theme parks. (Although not quick food , Shark Underwater Grille is no1) We walked into Mythos and just didnt like it , were turned off. So maybe well try Mythos again one day. Probably not lol

I guess I'm saying atmosphere of a place to eat matters in a theme park.

Well the atmosphere is what makes it a theme park, that's why IOA is so special in my eyes because every restaurant is themed to a crazy level that most theme park restaurants can't even compare to. So awesome

Wow, that comment about Circus McGurkus might have been the most controversy I've ever stirred up on these forums! :lol:

I bought the Universal Meal Deal during my very first trip to the resort back in October, 2009. I ate my first meal early in the day (11am or so) at Comic Strip, then ate again at Louie's later in the day over in the Studios. Absolutely ATTROCIOUS food at both places. Terrible. The next day, I used the Meal Deal to eat lunch at Mel's Diner (which was pretty typical theme park food...not great but not terrible) in the Studios, and then finished up at Circus for dinner (which tasted absolutely the same as Louie's and Comic Strip). Being forced to eat a lot of crummy food is the reason I've never purchased the Meal Deal again. I wonder if they've "upped the quality" of the grub at Circus since then? It sure seems to have some supporters! :smiley:

Last edited:
Wow, that comment about Circus McGurkus might have been the most controversy I've ever stirred up on these forums! :lol:

I bought the Universal Meal Deal during my very first trip to the resort back in October, 2009. I ate my first meal early in the day (11am or so) at Comic Strip, then ate again at Louie's later in the day over in the Studios. Absolutely ATTROCIOUS food at both places. Terrible. The next day, I used the Meal Deal to eat lunch at Mel's Diner (which was pretty typical theme park food...not great but not terrible) in the Studios, and then finished up at Circus for dinner (which tasted absolutely the same as Louie's and Comic Strip). Being forced to eat a lot of crummy food is the reason I've never purchased the Meal Deal again. I wonder if they've "upped the quality" of the grub at Circus since then? It sure seems to have some supporters! :smiley:

Well 2009 was still Universal's dark times kinda..so maybe you just went at a bad time? :shrug:

I don't know. I think they were still including the biscuit with the fried chicken meal back then. And today, no biscuit. But biscuitgate is for another thread..