What Does IOA Need? | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

What Does IOA Need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
I think universal should really look into extensive refurbishments. Like we won't lose our minds if MIB and cat in the hat are closed for a couple days while AAs are being fixed. It's for the good of the resort, touch ups at night just don't cut it anymore

Theme park fans be like "we want the whole park redone"

I mean, if the park is in shambles, then yeah. (The whole park isn't. Most of the exteriors look great, though Marvel and Toon haven't aged very well.) It's just the ride show conditions that need some serious help, though this is true of the Studios, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Theme park fans be like "we want the whole park redone"

I mean, if the park is in shambles, then yeah. (The whole park isn't. Most of the exteriors look great, though Marvel and Toon haven't aged very well.) It's just the ride show conditions that need some serious help, though this is true of the Studios, too.

I think everything has been said here lol

My agenda for a day at Universal starts early, bomb rush Gringotts and then hop on the train to IOA. I do HP, JP, Rip Saw (if weather isn't completely poop), Spiderman, Hulk, then go back and finish the day at the Studios.

But I think the major thing they need to do is a facelift to Marvel and TL. All very dated which has been stated before. The animatronics definitely need some work. Last time I went on JP the drop dino (forget the name) wasn't even moving. It just laid there with its head down like it peed on the rug and got caught. It was really sad.

IOA is turning into what the Studios was pre-Harry Potter. (In my opinion)

- - - Updated - - -

I think everything has been said here lol

My agenda for a day at Universal starts early, bomb rush Gringotts and then hop on the train to IOA. I do HP, JP, Rip Saw (if weather isn't completely poop), Spiderman, Hulk, then go back and finish the day at the Studios.

But I think the major thing they need to do is a facelift to Marvel and TL. All very dated which has been stated before. The animatronics definitely need some work. Last time I went on JP the drop dino (forget the name) wasn't even moving. It just laid there with its head down like it peed on the rug and got caught. It was really sad.

IOA is turning into what the Studios was pre-Harry Potter. (In my opinion)

Dudley usually gets a decent refurb early in the year. Is that scheduled yet? And I don't know about Imhotep, but I haven't seen him in B-mode in years. He's always working for me as of late. Now if you're less impressed with him in 2015 than you were in 2004, then that's a different story.

I don't think I've seem Imhotep in B-Mode before, what does he do then?

I agree about FFB. IOA needs a refurb on restaurants. I feel like anything you can get at IOA is already over at the Studios plus DA/England stuff and all of Simpsons Stuff.

Why not shawarmain in Marvel, or NY style Pizza near Spider-Man...etc

I have reason to believe UOR's "AA relations" department has gotten strong and as such things will be getting better.

I agree about FFB. IOA needs a refurb on restaurants. I feel like anything you can get at IOA is already over at the Studios plus DA/England stuff and all of Simpsons Stuff.

Why not shawarmain in Marvel, or NY style Pizza near Spider-Man...etc

Me and my friend walked into Comic Strip Cafe on our last trip and he was like "Holy Theme Park Cafeteria Basicness.." :lol: We had never been in there before and, even though it's very nicely themed...yeah. It makes no sense to pay $10 for anything there when Mythos is maybe a few bucks more.

Funny enough Mythos, Broomsticks and Thunder Falls are the only ones I have eaten at.

Also missing is another Bar spot. Much like how Duff Gardens is. I know there is Hogs Head but they feel different to me.

I didn't forget backwater. Never been in there. Just a place near the main the lagoon view of the hulk. Maybe add some evening small snacks and a lagoon show to close out the night. Wishful thinking.....

There is no reason for anyone to step into the Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoopendus except to look at the theming. I'm not sure I'd feed that food to starving children in Africa, much less theme park guests (or poor suckers who fell for the Universal Meal Deal). Same goes with Comic Strip Cafe!

There is no reason for anyone to step into the Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoopendus except to look at the theming. I'm not sure I'd feed that food to starving children in Africa, much less theme park guests (or poor suckers who fell for the Universal Meal Deal). Same goes with Comic Strip Cafe!
That's a bit dramatic haha...I know what you are saying though...It is Chuck-E-Cheese quality at best..

IMO every land at IOA should have a Springfield-eque option to fill in the gaps...Confisco and Mythos cover the table service area....I wouldn't mind seeing Thunder falls become a more fancy option like from the movie..

Last edited:

Never been in Circus McGurkus, but now I know not to bother :lol: But I had lunch at the Comic Strip Cafe once and it was just plain awful. If I have lunch at IOA, it's always at Mythos.